How to remove the button connectors on HRAP3?

First off, I did try to search but of course it just dies as it often seems to do these days and then I can’t search for another 5 minutes (this is not encouraging people to search), and couldn’t find anything in the stickies I looked at briefly.

So, I have a HRAP3 and just got my Sanwa OBSF30 and 24 buttons, but I don’t know how to remove the electrical connector that sticks onto the buttons (2 on each button). I tried just pulling it off, but then it resists and it looks so fragile I’m afraid to pull harder. Is there something I’m missing or do I just need to suck it up and pull the damn thing off?!

Please I could use some advice, thanks!

Try to wedge in there with a flathead screwdriver and pry it loose.

Edit: Don’t pull on the wire itself…

I have found that the best way to remove a quick disconnect is to get a small flat head screwdriver in a small gap that is usually present between the base of the connector and the button. Once you get the screwdriver in, gently start sliding the connectors off by twisting or pushing up with the screwdriver. It could take a few tries to get the screwdriver positioned at the correct angle to accomplish this. Once you get them moving, usually the the QD’s get loose enough that you can pull them up with your fingers. I have also used pliers successfully, but I feel using a flat head is more gentle and safer.

hold the micro switch while yanking on the connector

-joe

I used pliers, gently, and got them off. I’ll be using a flathead screwdriver in the future.

Thanks for the replies everyone, I just watched a video on youtube but it didn’t show how to get the quick disconnects off. I’m off to try it now, thanks guys!!

yah, I definitely needed some info on this since I’m adding art to my stick.

OMG, what a pain in the @$$ it was to remove those quick disconnects, but better than soldering! Here’s what it looks like with the Sanwa buttons (and a new octagon gate inside).