How To Sand Your Arcade Stick To Remove Scratches?

I was wondering if anyone knew what items or tools are the best to use to sand out scratches on any plastic arcade stick. Specifically for me, when I was removing the metal plate off my SFIV T.E. Stick I accidentally scratched the front end. I’m sure I’m not the only dumbass this happened to so if anyone knows anything feel free to post.

sand sand sand sand, buff buff buff buff. Then add some scratch out over it.

Hmm, I think if you do that to a plastic box like the TE, youre just going to end up with a big cloudy scratch. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

no offense but thats what I thought too lol

Depends on how deep the scratch is.

I did sanding on an HRAP to get as much of the scratches off as possible. I used medium grit sandblock.

Then I painted the HRAP case (removing everything else including the PCB board first!) with Rustoleum spraypaint for plastic. That took care of the “dull buffing” the sandblock created.

It’s a bit shinier black than it was before but you can hardly see the old scratches. Most of them were fairly superficial. The deeper scratch I couldn’t get rid of is pretty much covered by the art and plexi plate I put on the HRAP.

Thanks dude for the info

The same thing happened to me while I was modding the buttons in my HRAP3, i ended up putting minor scratches on the case because of the metal plate rubbing against the case during the mod.

I was thinking about sanding the case down and then spraying the case with Vinyl Dye, but does anyone with experience know whether or not the scratches from sanding will still show after the application with vinyl dye? From what I understand, the vinyl dye puts a very thin layer on since it actually absorbs into the plastic so I don’t know how much it will actually cover.

I haven’t finished my build yet, but I’m refurbishing my HSS-0130 and when it came to removing scratches from the plexi over the move list insert, I bought a scratch removal kit from Pep Boys. It included 1500 grit strip, a scratch free cloth and rubbing compound and that’s all you need. After following the instructions, it was damn near perfect. Under a good light, I could see some places a missed (basically swirl marks) so, I hit 'em with a heat gun and they disappeared. It’s perfect.