How To Watch EVO 2011 on your PS3, a quick guide

EDIT 1: Does not work in Europe. Confirmed.

From your Home menu, scroll to the right to the “Playstation Network” tab, go down to “Playstation Home.” Download the software, yata yata yata. You will be prompted to create a personal avatar, do what you wish. Once you are done with that, your avatar will be placed in an apartment. You might want to whip out that dualshock controller (you know, that thing that never gets used) for controlling your mii. You are going to exit your apartment and download the data for the central plaza. Once in the plaza, you will go forward and to your right, and attempt to enter the movie theater, which prompts a dialogue box. Download the data for the theater. The marquee reads “Now playing: EVO 2011” or something to that effect, and the place is right next to the mall. You can’t miss it.

The EVO trailer, among other things, is playing on the television in the hall, but that won’t be where the stream is. Once the stream starts, there will be an auditorium dedicated for it and you need to go in there to watch the stream. There are also pseduo-stream monsters chatting away about fireball “spam” and asking why brawl isn’t at Evo. These stream monsters obviously aren’t on par with what you are used to, but they will have to do.

The Official PLAYSTATION® Thread: E3 - PS4 Pro November 10th $399

I’m not seeing any of it. Is it only for the USA? ffs.

you can also set up game lobbies right from HOME. playing AE with other users right now while waiting for the stream

There are about 200 people in my auditorium. Place is packed >.>

Not sure if it works for Europe.

I tried using home, but it’s a pain in the butt. I’ll just watch on my computer. None of my PSN friends are online anyways.

Thanks for the information. I hope you don’t mind, but I quoted your post in the PS3 thread, as there were a few people requesting information on this process.
I’ve also added a link to this thread,in my post.

Confirmed to not work in Europe. Sorry guys.

Tag for later.

How do you snag the free home items?

You know, it’s actually a cool way of watching Evo because like someone said you can hop into a game right then and there. Does Home have mic support now? I could never get it to work. I think the only way to get it to work is a pm with someone?

Yeah - Home has had support for voice since forever. It’s public when you’re within a certain range of people.

Uhh a pop-up dialogue box said “you received an item” or something to that effect. I don’t use PS Home, so I didn’t even check what I received.

Tried home the past couple days but there was too much lag so I switched to GameSpot. It’s cool that Home did the event, though.

^ That’s what I was trying to figure out. Can’t find it in my wardrobe anywhere.