HRAP 3 Stick

Just got it in the mail today. One thing I noticed and trying to figure out if this is normal but it feels very “loose” compared to what I’m used to. It has almost no resistance. It’s as if it is just too sensitive. Is this normal because I’m having a hard time pulling off moves like Akuma’s air fireballs or a air hurricane kick, I keep over throwing from the lack of resistance. Maybe I just need the bat top, but is this the way the Sanwa JLF is supposed to be?

I’d do a search but it’s disabled =/.

I believe that’s the Sanwa stick. Both my HRAP EX and HRAP 3 feels the same way. It really depends what you’ve been use to. If you’re use to the American Bat top, then I was in the same boat… felt way too loose.

However, after a while of practicing with it, moves came out pretty flawlessly.

I’d suggest giving it more trial runs. Many people have gotten use to it, so it may just be a matter of time.

Yea, I’ve been getting my ass handed to me on SFIV online because I find it hard to do a double quarter circle without accidently jumping or something. I think the bat top will help a lot more when it arrives (I hope). I’m still trying, hopefully I’ll either get used to it, or I’m just gonna put a Happ in it, lol.

Cool, good luck. I don’t know how hard/easy it is to mod the stick. I know the buttons are a snap (literally), but I’m not experienced with swapping out the stick.

Yea, curious if a Happ stick will fit in this case now.

Could anyone point me in the right direction to mod the stick on the HRAP3? Is it as easy as snapping the buttons in/out?

I was looking to upgrade the HRAP3 stick to a Sanwa JLF. Are you able to just screw it in place and plug it in? Or will I have to mod the case to accommodate the screws etc?

Which stick would you go with, JLF-TP-8Y or 8T?

HRAP2, HRAP 3, HRAP EX ~ all about the same.
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=132472

The HRAP sticks have a JLF in them already.

How is the JLF that comes stock on the HRAP3? Is it up to par with the JLF-TP-8T ?

Thanks Evelgest for that link. I love the transparent buttons, i think i may go semitsu instead so I can get those buttons.

All JLF’s are the same. If it wasn’t then it wouldn’t be a JLF. Those extra letters/numbers at the end don’t have anything to do with how it plays.