HRAP EX-SE Help!

Hi all.

My HRAP EX-SE has been working fine for about 6 months now, then one day while I was training, :d: stopped working entirely. I opened up the case to take a look at it, but all the wires appear to be properly soldered and glued to the appropriate points on the base of the stick with no obvious wire damage anywhere, so I’m at a loss as to what’s wrong.

If pictures will help, I’ll post them up later today when I get home.

If I have to replace some parts, that’s fine, but I’m not very knowledgeable about the process of actually putting it in/taking out the old one without breaking things.

Thanks in advance for the help. I just hope I don’t have to replace the whole stick.

Several things could have happened. Hard to say with out in-focused detailed photos. taken at multiple angles or seeing it in person.

1. The Micro-switch in the joystick for down is failing/dead (you can replace the switch instead of the whole stick)
  2. Wire is broken somewhere under the insulation (replace wire)
  3. one of the circuit traces on the PCB is cut/ damaged or something could me shorting a trace
  4. the PIC on the PCB is bad

The first 2 items are easy to test for and repair. A continuity tester, like a multi-metter can be used to test these out.

3rd one is sort of easy if you know what you look for
Magnifying glass would help

4th item would require a new PCB and should be a last resort repair

Several things could have happened. Hard to say with out in-focused detailed photos. taken at multiple angles or seeing it in person.

In order from simple to complex/ hard to repair.

1. The Micro-switch in the joystick for down is failing/dead (you can replace the switch instead of the whole stick)
  2. Wire is broken somewhere under the insulation (replace wire)
  3. one of the circuit traces on the PCB is cut/ damaged or something could be shorting a trace
  4. the PIC on the PCB is bad

The first 2 items are easy to test for and repair. A continuity tester, like a multi-metter can be used to test these out.

3rd one is sort of easy if you know what you look for
Magnifying glass would help

4th item would require a new PCB and should be a last resort repair