HRAP3 Cable issue

Whats up TT.

About a year ago I bought a HRAP3 for PS3, I eventually ended up getting a TE from a friend and since my HRAP has just been collecting dust…

I pulled it out earlier today to let a friend use for mahvel but it isn’t really detected by the PS3… Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. I noticed where the cable goes into the case there is a tear in the wire.

I’m pretty sure this is the problem.

My question to you guys; Can I replace this cable?

I’ve been asking a great, knowledgeable friend (Google) for places to buy a replacement but I have no idea what kind of cable this is…

If you think you can help in any way I would really appreciate it.

I don’t really want to buy a new stick… I’ve only used this a handful of times. lol.

Thanks a lot.

Interesting. Mine had a tear in the same spot,but that didn’t stop it from working. I just applied a small strip of electrical tape and it’s still been fine. Have you tried opening the stick up to see if anything came loose?

Yup!

Opened it originally because I thought it was a problem with crimping, everything was fine though… I disconnected the cable from the PCB and then reconnected it and that also did nothing… so that’s weird.

I know the stick is getting power because whenever its plugged in the turbo led still works but the PS3 just doesn’t seem to recognize it.

: |

Sounds like it is indeed the cable. I imagine that if the power wire inside the USB cable were okay, but one or more of the other wires were not, you might see the light go on but not be able to really use the stick.

If you go to the Trading Outlet, you could post a WTB thread for an HRAP3 USB cable, which you’d be able to simply plug in after removing the broken one. (The HRAP3 USB cables use 5 pin connectors.) Another option would be to have someone remove the older cable and just solder in a new USB cable. Any standard USB cable should work. If you were to buy a new one, I’d recommend going to Monoprice.

Good luck!