Alright, so I’ve contemplated the thought of dual modding a HRAP3 with the mad catz 4716 controller and the imp and i’m slowly trying to suss it out, and since i’m more of a visual person, i attempted to do it visually (very similar to bomberman’s diagram for the dual mod of the TE)
This diagram is a 15 minute job and i’ll re-fine it if i actually go ahead with it, the photos’ are from bomberman, slagcoin and I can’t remember who had the HRAP3 pcb.
basically ill be wiring up very similar to bomberman’s thread for the cthulhu and imp.
- Use the existing cord from the HRAP3 into the IMP
- Have the ground on the IMP to go to the ground on the HRAP3 (where the USB cable was)
- Have the ground on the HRAP3 (any of the grounds) go int othe ground of the MC controller
- Have the VCC on the IMP go to the 5v on the HRAP3
- Have the 5v on the HRAP3 go to the 5v on the MC controller
- Have the D+/- from the #2 on the IMP go to the HRAP3 pcb
- Have the D+/1 from the #1 on the IMP go to the MC 4761 controller
- Have the guide from the IMP go to the guide section on the mc 4761 controller
- Have the guide from the mc 4761 controller go to the home section on the HRAP3 PCB
- Wire up the buttons as follows, x = square, y = triangle, rb = r1, lb = l1, a = x, b = circle, rt = r2, lt = l2.
And the end result is something like this diagram
Now the million dollar question is, going from the diagram, should this work? :bgrin: :bgrin: :bgrin:
If my theory is correct, the xbox pcb should be the “default” controller, and then holding the home button on the HRAP3 should switch it to the HRAP3 pcb, once unplugged, it’ll go back to the 360.
What do you guys think? I’m contemplating getting a HRAP3, to test this mod, but it’s an expensive way to learn, and would really appreciate it if there are others that have done a similar mod to have some input.
if mods feel this should be in the 2 pcbs thread, then just merge it, i just thought i’d start this up just in case it ends up being a tutorial thread.
thanks in advance.