Hrap3 only 2 buttons working

after almost 2 years…during a street fighter 4 session last night all of a sudden only x and r1 worked…

Anyone else seen such a thing? what should i do to start diag? i swapped a “working button” into the “non working” and no dice…

Im guessing the Board went…

Any advice would be great

if your board died get a new one like the cthulhu or hack a ps3 pad …
i dont think 6 buttons will die the same time so its most likely the board or the connections to the board …

will i be able to still use the ‘other buttons’ home etc. can i hook that board to the ps3 controller…or just bypass it all together?

What about getting new board from hori? i sent them an email…

I can’t seem to find anyone with problems like this…

update…

after taking apart and swapping buttons and wires…

only L1 and Circle are not working

Has anyone any information or further diagnostics?

this really blowz…

If i get a Cthulhu PC/PS3 Board use the same case and get rid of turbo which i never use anyway…

It really makes me wonder if the board was shot why would only 2 buttons not work? the solder points?

check to make sure the buttons work by using a multi meter to test for continuity

-joe

buttons are ok…

Yeah that is definitely a crappy situation, from what it sounds like your board selectively died. I would recommend the Cthulhu board, it’s a simple setup, you will still have your ability to use the Guide button by using start+select instead of drilling new holes, or possibly wiring it to the guide on the HRAP3, I’m not sure how that guide button is set up tho, and it gives you a chance to tidy up the case.