HRAP3 Sanwa stock stick

I’ve been transitioning from a pad to stick for about a month now (HRAP3) and I’ve been noticing issues with doing Ultras/Supers on player one’s side where as player 2 side I can spam them like well…spam lol. It’s not like I can’t do ultras and supers on Player One’s side but its has to be precise…like slow precise where as on player 2 side I can do it fast and get it off right away.

I’m just wondering…is it me? or is it the stick itself that’s defective…its the stock Sanwa stick that comes with every HRAP3. Or is it because Sanwas have a larger throw angle/square gate? Would a octagonal gate help out? I’m pretty new to the whole stick scene but I’ve been able to switch out the stock hori buttons with sanwas with no issues.

Thanks.

Practice, practice, practice. Seriously. I had the same issues when I first started playing on a Japanese stick, especially my Saturn Virtua Stick HSS-0136. I hated it at the time but stuck with it, and it turns out I was hating on a Seimitsu LS-56-01. :sweat:

I have issues doing ultras from the 2nd player side, but fine and easy on the 1st player side. You just need practice, lots and lots of practice.

I switched from a Square to Octagon gate since I don’t play Bison much anymore. Switched just to condition my hand and wrist to make fluid movements. Once I’m happy with my execution I’ll switch back to a Square gate.

I suggest you try the Octagon gate out, can’t go wrong, it’s only about 5-7 dollars to purchase.

copy/paste

Ah yes, the seminal “how to use a stick question.” Don’t worry, everyone has a hard time using a stick when they first get one. Let me give you some advice.

If you have a job, quit. If you are in school, dropout. If you have a significant other, break up with them. Cut all ties from your family. Sell all of your worldly goods, except of course, your arcade stick.

This will give you some cash in hand and a lot of spare time. Use this money and time to set up a business. I recommend a traveling sock puppet play. You can entertain small children and recovering drug addicts at their local gatherings. You’ll find this experience very rewarding and interesting.

Sock puppets are very easy to make. All you do is put eyes on a sock. Some people like to add hats and tongues and the like. That’s cool too. Be creative! When you’re learning, don’t be too concerned about sticking to the cliches. It’s totally acceptable to put a baret on a sock and name it Pierre when you are first starting off, for instance.

Be sure to use a wide range of colors for the sock puppets. If they are all old sports socks, your audience will have a hard time relating to your socks. I recommend a Beijing Opera-esque color scheme where certain colors are used to represent certain roles. Just avoid black; you should be dressed in all black in order to blend into the background. Remember, the sock puppets are the actors, not you.

Now, I know what you’re thinking: “that’s all well and good, but what should the plays be about?” Don’t worry, it’s easier than you think. Start off with a simple morality play or perhaps something with a Shakespearean influence. Stick to the classics, then stick googly eyes on the classics, as the saying goes.

Where are you from? Traveling sock puppet shows are especially popular on the East Coast, and of course Utah. Consider relocating if there is a lack of interest in your area.

Speaking of Utah, if anyone in the industry gives you that spiel about needing to be Mormon to break into the sock puppet scene, well, that’s just a line of baloney. Don’t let that get you down, sport. Although many of the most famous grand master puppeteers are indeed Mormon, there is still plenty of room in the industry for people of other faiths.

After a few months of traveling around in the sock puppet scene, pick your old arcade stick back up again. You’ll probably find that your execution has increased immensely. If not, consider going back on the road again.

Alternatively, you can just go to training mode and practice, but that would be crazy, right?

It’s hip to be square :smokin::smokin::smokin:

I liked your “retarded looking black guy” avatar better. It gave a certain personality to your posts.

I’m rather partial to the new “girl with open mouth, waiting expectantly for the oncoming (yes, double entendre) bukkake” one, myself.

It’s almost poetic.