Huge congrats to Viscant!

wesker

I don’t really play too much Wesker anymore, but I wanted to stop by and congratulate Viscant on his huge Evo 2011 win. A lot of people will remember Phoenix but to me your Wesker was a much bigger part of the equation because without that amazing battery play dark phoenix would have never risen.

Your amazing Wesker Mixup thread/post really helped me to level up not only my Wesker/Marvel game, but my overall fighting gameplay in general. It taught me to really look closely at every situation im in in the multiple fighting games I play and examine all the options I have at any given time. Before I hadn’t really ever payed too much attention to those things and had sort of a black and white playstyle. Now I understand things from a much more theoretical and analytical perspective. Every character I take to the lab now I know what certain things to look out for and what not. I have stolen some of the Wesker post bits and applied them to Viper and my Iron Man (new current mains) which have also helped them greatly.

Don’t know if you will see this as this board seems pretty dead but I think most of us here have based a lot of our Wesker games in some sort of shape or form from your Wesker. I think its awesome that you can communicate and are willing to share your knowledge with the rest of the FGC, who are all trying to level up their game. I think the FGC could grow much better if more top players were willing to share and communicate their knowledge in an understandable manner.

So yea great job man!

My sentiments exactly. Even though we’ll likely never meet in person, I’d like to give a thank you to you, Viscant. And on the off chance that we do ever magically meet in person, I’ll buy you a drink or two. I can’t imagine my Wesker play would’ve changed so dramatically and so quickly without a scan through your mix-up guide. It really caused me to look at assists beyond just their surface value of “do this much damage”, “used to attack”, “used to defend”.

So yeah, thanks a bunch.

Same. You’ve been my idol for marvel vs capcom 3 forever. I’ve used every single “Tactics” which you’ve shown on evo on singapore and it work wonders. Thanks!

understatement of the year? =)

any decent Wesker is either using the resets, air loops, or both. going in i was pulling for Viscant and started rooting for X-Ray and Mine as well closer to the end… glad my woman was out of town so i could watch the stream most of saturday.

/grats

That thread helped me level my Wesker IMMENSELY.

Nothing but respect for Viscant.

Ya def a understatment. The bases of my wesker was formed from jay. Just too gdlk to ignore. Awesomely nice guy and I was happy that I was the first to tell hom about weskers speed boost move at evo. Lol. Congrats again to a real community player

It’s an old topic I know, but I do have to say that I’m exactly the opposite - I haven’t learnt anything from Viscant and to be honest I think Viscant should probably look into learning from others. There are plenty of things Viscant hasn’t tapped into yet.

CKeegan, did you really feel the need to bring this thread up just to make that post…it’s like oh Viscant, you play pretty half-assed and should probably look to someone who won Evo. I just made this account to somewhat point out your useless comment. But mostly to also thank Jay for leveling my skills up and I will also probably buy him a beer if we ever meet, after I enjoy getting bodied.

Yes I did, problem? I’m not bashing on him, I’m saying he has a lot more to learn. And he does.

Also making an account just to say that is a bit sad :slight_smile:

[INDENT=1][FONT=Helvetica]“It’s an old topic I know, but I do have to say that I’m exactly the same - I have learned a great deal from Viscant and to be honest, I think others could learn more by looking to Viscant’s approach. There are plenty of things everyone hasn’t tapped into yet”.[/FONT][/INDENT]
[INDENT=1][FONT=Helvetica]My bad CKeegan, I really had to step back for a moment and write out what you said to realize you were actually praising him instead of being a prick. [/FONT][/INDENT]
[INDENT=1][FONT=Helvetica]And Merry Christmas [/FONT][/INDENT]
[INDENT=1] [/INDENT]
[INDENT=1] [/INDENT]
[INDENT=1] [/INDENT]
[INDENT=1] [/INDENT]
[INDENT=1] [/INDENT]
[INDENT=1] [/INDENT]
[INDENT=1] [/INDENT]
[INDENT=1] [/INDENT]
[INDENT=1] [/INDENT]
[INDENT=1] [/INDENT]
[INDENT=1] [/INDENT]