Hunter Blade open beta -- Monster Hunter Online?

Before I link you to the official site, just watch the video.

[media=youtube]t2qOsvPtgfk[/media]

The game is…well, exactly like Monster Hunter. And really, that’s a good thing. The biggest difference between Hunter Blade and Monster Hunter is the quest system. Since it is an MMO, you get quests, which level you up fairly quickly. I played for about 1 and 1/2 hours, and I hit level 15 (out of 80). Though, leveling doesn’t do much for you, except you equip better items, and it allows you to create more items.

There are currently seven weapon types. Sword and Shield, Dual Swords, Greatsword, Katana, Hammer, Crossbow, and Wand (this is the only non-MH weapon so far). There are also 4 weapon types that have not been released (two melee types and two ranged types). The Dual Swords and Hammer cannot be used until level 30. The Greatsword and Crossbow cannot be used until level 40.

So, if you want to play a Monster Hunter-style game online, then here is your chance. The game went into a US open beta recently.

The one downside to this game is the Fatigue system. I hate Fatigue systems. I mean, I’ve never played a game until I ran out of Fatigue before, but I don’t like being told how long I can play a game. The Fatigue meter refills every 24 hours. At least, you can get extra Fatigue fairly easily. Originally posted by Tnargraef:

"What is a Chain Quest?

Chain Quests are a series of 10 quests offered by the hunt Trainers, Bush in village 1 and Bobson in village 2, that reward the player with a scroll of 1,000 Fatigue. A lap of chain quests is 10 quests total and you can complete 5 laps a day. This means you can earn about an extra 5,000 Fatigue a day!

The first 5 quests of a Chain quest require you to talk to various people around the village itself. Then 2 quests that have you enter the gather zone and collect various items, about 5 each or about 50 gather boxes each if you’re unlucky. After that 2 two quests that you go to daily zones and talk to a NPC. In the final 2 quests you go to a daily zone and hunt a few small beasts. After that you’ll get a mail with your energy scroll. Oh if I didn’t mention you can make about a gold doing these quests from all the Cyan Copper Leaves you get too."

http://hunterblade.beeboomonline.com/html/

The Download servers for the official site are really slow. This forum post has some high-speed download links:

http://bbs.hunterblade.beeboomonline.com/viewthread.php?tid=620&extra=page=1

After a little searching, it turns out that Capcom is upset about this game, but the Chinese team that designed it did a great job working around copyright laws.

lol, that’s what Capcom gets for not bringing shit over here

wow. definitely MH clone. if my net connection were more stable I’d give it a shot.

So, I went ahead and played tonight. The game is…well, exactly like Monster Hunter. And really, that’s a good thing. The biggest difference between Hunter Blade and Monster Hunter is the quest system. Since it is an MMO, you get quests, which level you up fairly quickly. I played for about 1 and 1/2 hours, and I hit level 15 (out of 80). Though, leveling doesn’t do much for you, except you equip better items, and it allows you to create more items.

The one downside to this game is the Fatigue system. I hate Fatigue systems. I mean, I’ve never played a game until I ran out of Fatigue before, but I don’t like being told how long I can play a game. I’ll let you know tomorrow how fast the Fatigue refills. Oh, and the storage space for items is tiny. So, don’t expect to keep your lower level sets on hand, because you will run out of room really quick.

Fun gane. Capcom can be as pissed as it wants to until it releases some Monster Hunter love over here. Fuck 'em.

Since Capcom refuse to release a MH game on the 360 or PS3 in the US, that’s what they get.

I’m down.

So, there are currently seven weapon types. Sword and Shield, Dual Swords, Greatsword, Katana, Hammer, Crossbow, and Wand (this is the only non-MH weapon so far). There are also 4 weapon types that have not been released (two melee types and two ranged types). The Dual Swords and Hammer cannot be used until level 30. The Greatsword and Crossbow cannot be used until level 40.

There is also an awesome event going on right now. Once you reach level 20 you can participate in the Werewolf Hunt. It’s a PvP game, and it balances everyone by giving them all the same stats (but you get to keep your equipment, just don’t receive the bonuses). So, at the start of each match one person is turned into a Werewolf King (their character turns into a werewolf and they fight with their claws). Whenever the Werewolf King kills someone, that character turns into a werewolf as well. The game ends when everyone is a werewolf, or all the werewolf are dead.

Seems pretty fun, i’ll give it a swing.

At least, you can get extra Fatigue fairly easily. Originally posted by Tnargraef:

"What is a Chain Quest?

Chain Quests are a series of 10 quests offered by the hunt Trainers, Bush in village 1 and Bobson in village 2, that reward the player with a scroll of 1,000 Fatigue. A lap of chain quests is 10 quests total and you can complete 5 laps a day. This means you can earn about an extra 5,000 Fatigue a day!

The first 5 quests of a Chain quest require you to talk to various people around the village itself. Then 2 quests that have you enter the gather zone and collect various items, about 5 each or about 50 gather boxes each if you’re unlucky. After that 2 two quests that you go to daily zones and talk to a NPC. In the final 2 quests you go to a daily zone and hunt a few small beasts. After that you’ll get a mail with your energy scroll. Oh if I didn’t mention you can make about a gold doing these quests from all the Cyan Copper Leaves you get too."

Downloading right now…!!!

I can’t seem to get the installer working. I looked it up and it seems to be a Vista problem. I tried to change compatibility and run as admin but so far it’s a no go.

IDK. I have 7 and it works fine on that. Send a report in to the company?

I am almost level 40 now, and I am just feeling like I should start grinding for some equipment. You can buy all the equipment that is level 30 or below, and most of it is even given out as quest rewards. Also, the game is SUPER easy unless you play it on Challenge mode. I’m playing with my friend (who plays the hell out of Monster Hunter) and he keeps saying, “This is nothing like Monster Hunter because everything is so easy and there is no fear of dying.” Then we tried a monster on Challenge mode, and they hit like a TRUCK. Plus, the monsters on everything lower than Challenge a not really aggressive at all. This is another one of those games where you aren’t actually playing until you hit max level.

Are there any other ways to dl this? 20kb/s speeds on a 1.6Gb file is just plain insulting!

[EDIT] sigh my bad… it pays to read the first post!