I am having problems with the PS2 emulator PCSX2 0.9.7 on my Windows Vista, need help

1. Do NOT discuss anything illegal. This includes roms, emulation(do not ask for help on obtaining roms or getting them to work), mod chips, pirated games, etc. Also talking about where or how to do it, is also prohibited. Those threads WILL be closed without notice, and/or the violator may be banned.

and banned in 3

People download the roms for GGPO. If I get banned off the site for posting this topic then the mods are being hypocrites.

Your ban is because of a lack of a brain.

I have a brain Mike Roach. Why do people on here act like they’ve never downloaded before or that its such a bad thing?

In…

A friend of mine with a top of the line PC(quad core or some shit), tried running a PS2 emulator. And was getting the same problems you described with your FPS. However one of his buddies with a some dual core was able to run it smooth as butter.

Maybe your PC is too powerful to run the emulator. And the reason peeps are yelling ban is the mention you downloaded a game. ISO/ROM talk could spew from it. Also, maybe wrong side of the forum to post this in perhaps? as this sounds like a Tech Talk problem, QA.

You admitted to downloading a ROM… smart move…

I’m in, too…

At least, you should’ve posted it in the Tech Talk forums, stoops…

I don’t think it will fly in Tech Forum, neither…

He’s fucked, then.

Val?

Thank you for the reply Rekano. I guess that could be the issue with it. It is a Windows Vista Home Premium computer.

have u tried asking on…oh i dunno…emulation forums?

Does your computer meet all of the requirements… clockspeed, graphics card, RAM… also if you went to an emulation forum they will be dickheads and also tell you that you’re not supposed to admit to downloading roms or the bios for respective emulator… your thread gets shutdown, question left unanswered etc… so just be smart and don’t do it…

I think you need a computer that runs 2.6+Ghz, a good graphics card, and 2GB of RAM for max performance…

Here are my specs:

AMD Athlon 7750 Dual Core Processor 2.70ghz
Memory (RAM): 4GB
64 Bit Operating System

I meet all the requirements. What kind of graphics card should I get?

1. Do NOT discuss anything illegal. This includes roms, emulation(do not ask for help on obtaining roms or getting them to work), mod chips, pirated games, etc. Also talking about where or how to do it, is also prohibited. Those threads WILL be closed without notice, and/or the violator may be banned.

All of you should know better than to do stupid shit like this. You do it, you get banned. So don’t do it.