I can't control it! - The Phoenix Thread

I’d seen it stated several times that her flight mode was also removed, anyone have a clarification on that either way?

She can still fly can just only perform one action while in the air this nerf is pretty substantial. No more air fireball then teleport or double teleporting in the air and she has the same shitty health prepare for the exodus.

Can someone explain how they use Phoenix’s TK SHOT M as an OTG. I’ll do an air combo and knock them to the ground with S but I can’t seem to do/time the OTG right.

Normally you would use TK shot L in order to continue a combo.

Only time I use M is that if i’m to far away for L to connect and M’s higher travel speed makes up for it’s slower release. This is usually just to combo into phoenix rage or hopefully kill though.

LOL Phoenix finished top 3 at my local tourney. So salty about that.

The reason Capcom hit her with that nerf hammer is because he could runaway for quite some time, and more than half the roster couldn’t do sit about it. Im glad they smacked her… and I hope Wolverine is still GDLK.

/PJSalt

In the interest of having the UMvC3 character threads be as awesome as possible, I am posting here to offer up my current Ultimate Dormammu Thread as a base skeleton to anyone who intends to manage a character thread, or something similar, in Ultimate. It is currently stripped of information, and will remain so until about a week before release. I am not attempting to toot my own horn, but rather offer to others what took me quite a bit of work to do, so that those who would rather not spend the time on such things do not have to.

I have received a lot of compliments to-date about the structure, and a few people have requested permission to use its structure for UMvC3, so I thought I would go around and make the offer to others who might not be aware that someone out there has already done the grunt work for them (haha). Because I am posting this in all the character forums, and this is time consuming on its own, I have not taken the time to check for how developed the thread I am posting on current is. Thus, I ask that no one be offended at my suggestion if your character forum is well constituted already - I mean no intrusion upon your methodologies!

Here is a link to the thread blueprint:

You can get an example of what it looks like when filled out here:

You are of course entirely welcome to change whatever you like if you want to incorporate this structure into your own thread. I have all of my posts saved as Word documents on my computer. If you would like these documents instead of having to copy/paste from the main threads, please feel free to PM me your email address, along with the character thread they will be used for, and I will gladly send them.

Highest Regards to All,
Karst

Has anyone else noticed that Phoenix seems a bit unpolished? Dark Phoenix calls out teammates with Jean’s voice, and her facial animations in her victory short don’t synch up properly. Her mouth starts moving before the audio plays, and her evil smile suddenly shifts to a blank face. Jean’s face also seems a lot less expressive.

capcom-unity.com

Weird change from MvC3 to UMvC3: When I would air dash over to the other side of someone and connect with an air :s:, if they were standing, I would follow it up with :f:+::h: and track the opponent and connect if I pressed :f: toward the opponent even though I was flying by them.

Well now if in the same exact situation I get the hit… but now Phoenix will fly AWAY FROM THE OPPONENT. Even though I’m pressing the controller into the opponent. It won’t matter. The flames from the entrails of :f:+:h: will hit but Jean will fly the opposite way.

This has been THE INVINCIBLE SWORDSMAN saying:

Try it. It’s really weird.

I know exactly what you mean. Like i would do the same. Like in vanilla MvC3 I would go for a jumping h and call an assist then i would do Forward H to autotrack and cross up the opponent again. So are you saying that they took this out?

Yes. It doesn’t autotrack into the opponent when you cross up even though you’re trying to direct the :f:+:h: into the opponent. It’s really stupid tbh. If you direct the move away from the opponent, the move doesn’t even come out. But if you direct towards them, the move comes out but you still fly AWAY from the opponent.

I would call this a nerf.

ive been never serious about this game and just played it for fun. thats why i dont know much about its advanced stuff.

i want to know how to instant overhead with using her tridash and jumping-light. does it work with tirsh, doom and dorm the same way?

Uh. Well I’m not sure if you can instant overheard with her tridash per se. Her tridash would be more for helping her get to the other side of somebody or making someone think they’re attacking high when you dash dash to the ground very quickly with a low or do her air :l: and hit before you land from the air dash making it an overhead. But there’s nothing really “instant” about that. It’s more of a jump-in mixup.

Her “instant overhead” would be her air:l:… if she actually had an instant overhead. This would be accomplished by jumping and as you barely leave the gound, hitting :l: and it hits your opponent if they were crouching but you’re in the air. However… Jean’s jumping :l: doesn’t really connect. Well… I know it doesn’t connect on normals sized characters. I’ll have to check if it does on bigs.

This has been THE INVINCIUBLE SWORDSMAN saying:

Ok yeah… jumping :l: works on bigs so she does have instant overheads on them. But Wolverine’s jumping :l: hits everybody except Racoon and Morrigan I think.

Yeah its stupid alright, it punishes players who actually like using Jean on point but honestly i’m not too mad. Capcom wants Dark Phoenix to crush the entire opposition? Bring it, we’re ready.

In other news, i’ve decided to actually practice some DP combo’s outside of x-factor. So far so good!

Another noted change from Vanilla to Ultimate: Dark Phoenix doesn’t take more damage from throws and certian hypers than Jean.

The damage she takes is the same across the board.

And I’m pretty sure this change fixed the DHC glitch.

I regularly play on Up Your Game’s PlayStation Network stream. If anyone wants to see a point Phoenix, I’m usually on whenever they’re playing Ultimate. Quality may vary, depending on how cold it is in my room and how bad my connection is.

Ok, I really hate to admit it, but I’m actually having issues with people timing me out in Ultimate. I never had issues with this in vanilla, and pretyt much laughed at the idea it was possible at all, but with the air action nerf, slide nerf, and the throw tech bug, I’m really having issues with it now. I’ve never had any loss make me as salty as this shit before.

What are the proper methods of dealing with this in Ultimate?

well someone tried that against me today and i went for air grabs and when i got them i did a tk air fire ball and got around a 400K combo of of my air grabs. Also you could use the traps to put them in blockstun and go for a 50/50 while on the ground such as a standing forward m her instant overhead move. Usually catches people off guard. also if you get them in the corner you could go for some fly/unfly shenanigans for some fast overheads

Viscant kicking ass and taking names with our girl Jean. She’s still got it :slight_smile: