The reason is probably because there is a huge quantity of things I can’t do in fighting games. I’ve tried over and over and no matter what, i can’t do the following:
- My fingers get all jittery when i try to do magneto combos.
- I cant ROM for shit (trust me, I’ve tried it).
- I like to use low tier characters (it makes the game more interesting than having to see the same teams over and over again).
- In games like SF4 or whatever, the combo system is too strict for me (I am NOT gonna try to spend time trying to figure out how to catch certain frames just to be able to combo stuff. It happens all too fast).
-I don’t have money to go to vegas. I wish EVO was in southern CA at least once.
- West coast southern CA has some of the worst, if not least amount of competition for mvc2. Even at my local arcade, no one comes in every day, and theres always something wrong with all 3 mvc2 machines).
I lost my job last october and since then, Ive been looking for a job so I guess imma miss out on some of the great tournaments ever.
So I guess Imma have to find some way to make tournaments near my area.