I got an old pc to put in my arcade cabinet, quick question

The pc is pretty old. It’s a pentium 4, 2 ghz ,with a geforce 4 mx or something along those lines (cant check it right this sec) and only 256 megs of ram . I got it because the card has svideo out and I have a standard tv in the cabinet. After messing with it for a while I realised most mame and cps2 stuff seems to run at full speed with no frameskip. On the other hand stuff on ggpo when playing online is pretty bad but 2df 3s seemed like it just needed a little bit more of a push to run at full speed.

Anyway my question is will ram help my framerate in more graphic intensive games like 3s while running on ggpo or 2df? or do i need to just get something else?

the PC is way to weak, ditch it and get something else, that crap is ancient and worthless. All modern GPUs will have something to put out s-vid. If you want to do this on the cheap, what emulator are you running? You either need to part together something not top the line and cheap, or just buy an all in one zacate style system. RAM alone will not fix your problem.

Ok thanks for the advice. I mostly used it as a mame machine but I wanted to play ggpo and stuff on it too for when I don’t have people over. I just figured I’d ask this question so I don’t go out and waist my money on ram.

Right now I have game ex loaded in with the resolution set to 640x480 and mame stuff actually runs full speed. I’d like to do more with it though so I def wanna upgrade. Do you have any advice on what I should get? What exactly is a zacate style system? I’m not looking to spend too much money. I already have a powerful pc but I don’t wanna take it away from my desktop.

I just need some advice on where to start. I don’t want to overshoot what I really need and I don’t have any experience with building my own pc outside of changing graphics cards and ect. My main goal is to run all ggpo and 2df games at full speed while playing online. I just want a “good enough” system. I just need a few nudges in the right direction on what motherboard/video card with tv out and ect that I can get or even a pre built machine for a good price.

I am doing some of my own research but I really have no idea what I’m doing. I don’t want to end up with a mess on my hands.