I have no idea what to do against this

Alright, theres probably a very easy solution to this, but I keep losing online due to people doing this in SF games. What is the best way to defend against people who jump, attack, then low attack? I keep getting knocked down, and as soon as I get up, they’re on me again before I can block. Yeah, I know I’m a noob or whatever, but any help against this annoying tactic would be appreciated.

Use an antiair? Seriously.

Wrong forum. If you are ken which I am guessing is who you are playing just shoryuken them or block high then low.

No, I play as M Bison and Rose. Just because I’m new doesn’t mean im stupid, I’m just not used to the game mechanics. Less sarcasm would be appreciated.

Well if you posted this in sayyyyyy the street fighter 4 forum in the bison character thread I would be less inclined to be a dick to you. The answer is still the same block high then block low. You can also use your standing round house as an antiair.

Block.

you said they are on you before you get a chance to block again…not sure what you mean by this. You know that you can input your block before you get up right?
If they arein the air, block high. When they land, block low.

but…you should probably learn your anti-airs. Bison has a couple of them…jump MPx2 on reaction, or stand HK, or crouch HP, or focus attack or ex psycho crusher.

[quote=“SonicDivision”]

Alright, theres probably a very easy solution to this, but I keep losing online due to people doing this in SF games. What is the best way to defend against people who jump, attack, then low attack? I keep getting knocked down, and as soon as I get up, they’re on me again before I can block. Yeah, I know I’m a noob or whatever, but any help against this annoying tactic would be appreciated.
[/QUOte]

You have to learn to make people not jump in on you in the first place, but I guess that’s for later. I guess the simplest thing to do is hold back, then hold down-back?

This is not an annoying tactic, this is a nonexistent tactic. It only works because you don’t understand the game yet. You will laugh at this later.

I had to read it twice.

Anti-air attack or go air to air attack

see above or BLOCK

BLOCK.

That’s impossible. If you see an attack coming as you’re getting up, BLOCK.

Huh?!

This made me do a roflcopter.

The best way is to go into training mode and record the opponent doing constant low and high attacks. (SFIV)

Then play it back and block them in sequence to get a feel for blocking high and low.

Once you’re an expert at it you’ll see their jump-ins from a mile away and will punish!

Not here. Don’t be a pussy.

Anyway, he is most likely getting crossed up. There are some gross cross-ups in this game, especially with shotos. Scrubs can do a pretty nasty job just jumping in over and over and landing cross-ups.

The best advice I can give is predict the jump-in (because you know its coming right :lol:) and walk or dash under. Then throw when they land. After 3 times of being thrown, they will usually switch to jumping back.

After the jump back, there will be a fireball. Do something about that too.

Hold back, then hold down back. Just block if you want the simplest solution.