I need to fight some top level akumas!/fighting styles

akuma

Ok, so I’ve been playing Gouki ever since 3rd strike, and i think im pretty good at ssf4, but i want to get better as a gouki player, so any skilled akuma players, hit m up!! And I’ve been trying to find a fighting style thats good foe me, Ive been using the JR rush down voretx style for a bit and it’s been workin well, but ive been checking out some asian/japanese player like tokido, momochi, Ed ma, and they’re some highly skilled players, and it seems that they don’t do the vortex rush downs that often, so i’ve been training and watching replays online to see which style would be best to fight with. What do you guys think?

Dude, Do you even know what Akuma’s vortex is? I seriously doubt it, because if you did you would know JR’s style is not keeping his opponent in the vortex. JR plays an aggressive rush down Akuma who setups Raging Demon opportunities. The Pro Japanese players like Tokido, Momochi, and Eita play a vortex heavy Akuma.

my bad, im ment JR’s demon flips, but ive been checkin all of em out and i want to learn all the styles so i can up my game

The best thing then is to first pick yourself ONE style of play and run with it. Akuma can be played in any range from all out offense to full on defense, but if you’re all over the place, it can get messy (not everyone can be JR). I always prefered Momochi’s playstyle where he carefully studies his opponents first, then finds the chinks in their armour and goes to work on them. He’s what I consider the epitome of the “solid” Akuma.

Check out Loltima’s “Vortex” videos on youtube so you avoid any faux pas and mention it out of context here again (the guys here mean well, but they’re… well, they play as DEMONS in a fighting game so you know they’ll want to snap at you sometimes! :razz: ).

Aside from that, if you want to play against some good 'kuma players, there’s always a few here willing to throw down against a fellow Satsui no Hado adept. I’ve already played against LoyalSol, ShinAkuma204 and CLxJames from these forums online. Good Akuma players, all of them. Really helped my game go up a notch (or two).

This. I always try to mimic that calculated playstyle. I also love Tokido’s insane mixup (vortex).

Now, If only I had Momochi’s great execution…:shake:

c’mon man, give him a break. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, my expertise is pretty much in the heavy rush down style, but i wanna mix that in with reading players too, cuz usually i’ll let the opponent attack, and i’ll find an opening, and as soon as that happens i’ll go for a non techable knock down, then i do the rush down mix up game and go for the kill. and it works most of the time, but i wanna be able to go on the offensive and still play cautious at the same because i usually don’t give players a chance to get that second wind, i …well…fight like a demon lol

Yeah, my expertise is pretty much in the heavy rush down style, but i wanna mix that in with reading players too, cuz usually i’ll let the opponent attack, and i’ll find an opening, and as soon as that happens i’ll go for a non techable knock down, then i do the rush down mix up game and go for the kill. and it works most of the time, but i wanna be able to go on the offensive and still play cautious at the same because i usually don’t give players a chance to get that second wind, i …well…fight like a demon lol i fought LoyalSol afew Times, we go back and forth, and i got to fight 0shinakuma0 afew times too, so im still training hard lol

lol my bad on the terms there lol hey we need to get more rounds in, i’m tryna get my akuma top level, i know you have a rough time with private matches and uploading vids, i was pumped when you entered my one endless battle about a week ago, i tried to get you back in but you dipped lol, anyway let me know if you wanna get some rounds in some time!

Why dont we create a group. Lets play team or endless. Lets get together at a set date, or maybe for a number of days and play Akuma (or any other). Maybe we can all give feedback and raise our level. It would be awesome if we can make a group of people dedicated to train SSTF4.
PS3: jcgonzmo

^ Most of us are on 360 bro

We had that the other day. It was me, shin, venom and a good Dee Jay who kept kicking our asses til I got lucky

That sucks man! I decided to but SSF4 for PS3 so that I can play with the arcade stick and my friends with the PS3 controller. Well, if someone wants to create an online group where we can play and exchange pointers of how to play, please, feel free to add me. It would be awesome to create a group to raise everyone’s level. Maybe we will end up competing in EVO! haha, Who knows!

PSN: jcgonzmo
XBOX: jcgonzmo
MSN LIVE: jcgonzmo@hotmail.com

I totaly agree, like Daigo’s Evo vid said, we just cant get better alone, we need to play together to all raise our fighting skills, I’m all for the group thing it if anyone else is

EVO isn’t for me. Even if I got better, Navy > EVO on the priority list :confused:

@JC I’m on ps3, my psn is dunkarood, i definitely want to get better with akuma, i think my execution is ok for a dualshock user but i always lose even to less skilled people since i cant cope with the low health. I think im better with bison tbh but akuma is just too bad ass not to use

Instead of making a new thread i think its wise to post it in here…

Good Abel Player Also looking for strong Akumas to train against, (really need to get better at the matchup)

Hit me up on XBL, i currently dont have SSF4 for PS3