I NEED ur opinions

I want to kno should i buy this arcade stick http://cgi.ebay.com/PS3-PS2-PC-USB-Arcade-FIGHT-STICK-Street-Fighter-4-/150635181505?pt=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item23128e75c1 or this 1 http://cgi.ebay.com/Pelican-Real-Arcade-Tournament-Ready-Stick-PS2-/150634777664?pt=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item2312884c40 FIxed

is this some sort of option select or something :-o

my bad i fixed it

I can’t speak for the second one,but I believe the first one is a quite a mod job if you’re planning to install better buttons is it not?

Yea im goin to mod which ever 1 I buy

Unless you feel like doing some dremeling and soldering,don’t go for the first one.

As for the second one though,from what I can tell it only works for all 3 last gen consoles. So,if you’re wanting to use it on your 360 or ps3,then you’re going to need to get a new pcb or converters for it. I don’t know what the insides of that one are like though. I wouldn’t really trust anything from pelican.

so the first 1 has the big pcb in like the mayflash stick?
i just really like the contruction of the pelican stick i was goin to put new Everything in it

Here’s some pics of the inside of it here
(eh. scroll up to the top. for some reason the link puts you at the bottom of the page)

If you can find out more about the pelican stick then go for it.

I hate to say it but go for the Pelican Stick.

if i get the pelican stick do think it is possible to put plexi glass on top?

The Pelican was my first stick, and subsequently my first mod. Plexi is possible, but you’d probably have to take a router to it if you want it to be flush. Also, the difference between Japanese(ish) parts in the first and American in the second is like night and day, to say nothing of the quality. I’d say try out each style at a local arcade if possible, everyone has their preferences and it’s difficult to advise on this without knowing your preference. Keep in mind that it’s extremely difficult to switch from Happ parts to Sanwa/Seimitsu and vice versa due to the difference in button size and mounting of joystick.

If I were you, I’d go with the Pelican. But if you’re like me, you’ll want to upgrade to better quality once you get some hours on it. For me that meant building my own custom from the ground up, and I’ve never been happier.

Disagreed. Easy as pie going from Sanwa/Seimitsu to HAPP/iL because HAPP/iL buttons are screw ins, so you can tighten them to stay in the slightly bigger hole. You could also wrap a little vinyl tape around them to add the extra 2mm to fit the hole perfect. But, vice versa is quite a bit of work considering you’d need to widen the holes to fit a larger button.

I actually used to have iL buttons in my SE, and they were held in place by the nylon nuts. They never moved around loosey goosey.

The Pelican is gone anyway, someone bought it up. If he did end up getting it, I don’t think he would be able to easily put in a Japanese stick depending on how thick the wood/MDF control panel is. Japanese parts are going to require some work if he wants them in his case.

Totally agreed on the custom case bit. I couldn’t stand the SE’s layout among other things anymore so I’m still in the process of doing my own case, only have the stuff diagram’d onto the MDF and haven’t had the work space to make cuts yet.

yea i won it just waitin 4it to get here