I’m fairly new to street fighter and I still just don’t understand alot of things. I really dont know where to begin. I try to train in training mode and learn combos, but I don’t know exactly what I need to practice.
After hopping around with characters, I decided to use Yun. I play online more than I should since I’m a noob, but I do it to find out what i need to work on. At this point I’m at a loss. I try watching ranked match videos, tournaments, tutorials, all of it. I just don’t know how to improve and it’s frustrating.
I just need help understanding the entire concept of the game. My veteran fighter is Blazblue and I know street fighter is played much different.
I don’t know what more I should know except the following, but I hope I can get some help from the people here in this forum:
- How to do blockstrings properly
- I just can’t figure out how it’s done without getting counter-hit by the opponents c.lp c.ml or whatever they throw out. I don’t mash because i don’t like the concept and I know it doesn’t particularly work. I know what cancels are, links, and chains (though i kinda get the difference between links and chains mixed up). I just dont know how to do it.
- Blocking/evading jumping mixups and predicting/gimping thorws
- maybe playing online has an effect on how well i can do either of these, but i get slammed frequently by both. I know blocking forward blocks the jump ins, but i still get hit most of the time. and i find when i try to grab people, i get gimped by their c.lp/lk. when i try to gimp their grabs, it doesnt work. As far as the jump in goes, I try blocking, fadc, jumping, all of it. I just cant get out of those stupid block strings where the opponent’s like c.lp>c.lp>c.lp>j.mk>repeat. I just don’t know my options.
- Finding and reading frame data correctly.
- I often wonder how people like biffoftasty and other playing find out how to do so many combos so well in such a short period of time and I can only narrow it down to learning and utilizing frame data. I kinda know how to read them but I dont know how to utilize it into my gameplay
any other info to improve my gameplay that I’m unaware of is very welcomed.