IAJK input

adon

I’ve heard James Chen say it many times when he’s talking about Adon and he says that you can apparently do an IAJK through doing the ‘tiger knee input’. Now, if I’m not mistaken, that’s :d::db::b::ub:. I have tried this a bit and so far, I’ve had no success - but then again I’m not the best so this wouldn’t surprise me. I just wanted to double-check that this is legit, because I’ve only come across :d::db::b::u: or :d::db::b::uf: which is how I’ve usually been able to do it (albeit with little consistency).

You cannot do a jaguar kick jumping up back so you have to end with either up forward or straight up.

Thanks for a definitive answer. Looks like Chen got it wrong this time.

He gets a lot of things wrong…

Well, the tiger knee input has kinda been changed a little bit over time because of moves like this. Nowadays, when people say tiger knee input, they mean input the sequence that is required followed by a jump input, whether that be forward or backward. Very few moves utilize a true tiger knee input, so instead the term has been generalized to encompass all moves that use this technique.

As a bit of information, if you have trouble doing IAJK’s you might want to try plinking the kick button, with the punch button right above it. This makes it so you have two back to back inputs for the IAJK in case you do it a smidgen early.

Top tip, I will try that out! Thanks.

For the life of me I can’t get :qcb::uf: however :uf::qcb: is consistent.

Also thank you for the tip East, that’s such an obvious plink technique and I hadn’t thought to do it. :sweat:

@Erawan
which technique are you using 1) QCB, Up (or Up-Forward), Kick.
2) Up (or Up-Forward), QCB, Kick.?

Well, originally I was doing the “QCB, Up (or Up-Forward), Kick” motion, which I actually found was a lot easier to do in a 270° input/motion (:qcb: :ub: :u: :uf: :f:). I found that I could get it quite consistently too when done at the ‘correct’ speed. I found the trick was to do it at a steady/‘slow’ pace - it can’t be done too fast, otherwise it won’t work/consistency disappears.

The problem I found with this method was, it’s not a natural starting position - at least for me. And I find the speed at which I have to do it at, does not lend itself particularly well to the fast pace nature of a match. As a result, I’m in the process of ‘mastering’ the :uf: :f: :df: :qcb: input which I find can be done at pace (in fact you have too, otherwise you’ll be airborne) and seems to be the preferred method between most top Adon players I’ve seen on YouTube.

One reason I originally preferred the first method over the latter mentioned in this post, was because the first method ensured that the IAJK was done at the lowest possible height. The second method can mean at times mean you’re a little higher off the ground than you would like.

Reflecting on this, I think what will play a large part in which you go for, is how you hold your stick/d-pad when doing your crouching chains. I’m personally a :db: man, so found it a bit unnatural to go from there into method one, but more straight-forward to go for method two. If you’re a :d: person, then I think you’ll probably find method one more natural.

Jesus, I wrote a bloody essay when all you wanted to know was: “I use technique 2, but I used to use technique 1”.