Ibuki ver.2012 Changes (with introduction video)

ibuki

-Introduction Video-
15 minutes of UN-edited first time ver.2012 Ibuki. I have to leave and meet with someone by 1PM so it’s not very structured, but I believe I included all of the major changes.

I hope that when I’m back from a long day out, you guys have a few things to say about this video.

[media=youtube]KcZVvodEOBg[/media]

**-Transcript- **[details=Spoiler]
Ryu’s Fierce Shoryuken no longer forces a Juggle from the Kunai Vortex, so practice the timing on Rufus with Jab Snake Strike instead.

Option-Select Hashinsho is now very reliable to punish backdashes.

Bansho Kick’s new trajectory makes trading on low hits unlikely, and combos clean into +5 frame attacks.

Bansho Kick does not counter-poke Ryu’s cr.Forward, and is punishable near max-range on block by Fierce Shoryuken.

Anti-air Yoroitoshi causes an untechable knockdown, but start-up is too long to reliably punish offensive dive-kicks. Good anti-air for neutral jumps due to it’s far hit-box.

Option-Select Yoroitoshi doesn’t work on fast backdashes as the start-up for the orbs is too long.[/details]

Looking for Love: Ibuki General Discussion Thread

-Match-up Changes-

Ryu:

Spoiler

Fierce Shoryuken no longer makes him Juggle from the Kunai Vortex.

Yun:

Spoiler

Chun-li:

Spoiler

Kazegiri (1 hit) FADC st.HK X HJC Command Dash LK, cr.HP connects now, you had to do CD MK before to make this combo connect. This is a result of a faster dash. via @Saunic

Feilong:

Spoiler

You can punish the second rekka on block with EX Raida, no matter the distance. You can Raida too, but on max range, it may whiff. via @Saunic

Akuma:

Spoiler

UC2 forces stand now, so you can punish cr.HK no matter the distance(if Akuma uses UC2, if he uses UC1 he can punish you)via @Saunic

Viper:

[details=Spoiler]It is now possible to use throws as an option select to counter EX Seismos/EX Seismos cancelvia @Saunic

However, you can no longer throw the start-up of Fierce TKs. Which means no more Yoroitoshi to punish Fierce TK (FADC) on anticipation…[/details]

-Tsujigoe-

This post is for new Tsujigoe applications and information.

• This move is now throw-invincible**. **

**- Ibuki will now throw Kasumi Susaku in front of her. **This allows you to almost instantly punish attacks with a Super combo whilst being safe on block.

Hashinsho is odd to me, it’s definitely changed for the better but seems like 50/50 chance of either full ultra animation or just the first half(much like how you KO someone with it and it stops at the kazekiri looking move) when punishing back dashes, late crumble-states or even anti-air. Looks like damage for a the half ultra does not exceed 200. Either way, it’s better than the knock back we had in AE.

Spin Kick: b+Forward now has a faster animation.

Oh, video has now uploaded. See you guys this evening (GMT).

Saunic’s last tweet:

Nice

I dunno if I’ve ever had f+MK whiff on crouching opponents… But it sounds like that was the reason for the changes in active-frames. EX Tsumuji whiffed on crouching opponents?

This sounds like Sagat’s cr.Strong, no one knew it used to whiff haha.

Have you never had this situation when EX Tsumuji whiffs if you’re not at perfect close distance? Against crouching Rose/Chun Li, if you’re not close enough, the two last kicks will whiff on them, so no okizeme :confused:

Nah, because I never do EX Tsumuji on hit at far range. I’m probably using Neckbreaker instead. =) But I guess a buff is a buff.

BTW, close st. HK (launching opponent) and UC1/UC2 will connect!!! but UC2 will not play full animation at the end and U1 only give you 7 additional hits :slight_smile:

Taken from Air’s Blog:

Source: http://www.airryu.com/?p=481#more-481

Try doing f+LK counterpoke buffer EX tsumuji against Sakura’s cr.MK.

st.Roundhouse, Hashinsho unreliable in the corner, deals a measly 230 damage
st.Roundhouse HJC CD cr.Fierce does 210 damage
st.Roundhouse HK Kazegiri does 220

new combo is useless

EX Tsumuji, Hashinsho does a measly 274 damage
EX Tsumuji, HK Kazegiri does 280 damage
st.Strong, st.Forward [Tsumuji Loop] EX Tsumuji, Hashinsho does 399 damage
st.Strong, st.Forward [Tsumuji Loop] EX Tsumuji, HK Kazegiri does 409 damage

new combo is useless

st.Roundhouse, Yoroitoshi (in my AE guide lol) does 306 damage and causes an untechable knockdown. Very nice new Okizeme starter.

st.Strong, st.Forward [Tsumuji Loop] Neckbreaker does 340 damage, so on characters you can’t Tsumuji Loop, st.Roundhouse, Yoroitoshi is the most damaging Okizeme starter.

Unless you can do cr.Fierce links, but you can’t do them off of a j.Short.

I’ve noticed that her b.mk is faster, or its just me. I just compared it with SSFIV to ae 2012.

*EDIT: Capcom, y u no fix whiffed TC4 on crouching characters. =’(

i did back mp and it seems different.

Something is probably different on b+MK. I don’t think it has a faster startup, but they may have altered active/total frames.

I can’t get it to combo from a counter-hit far standing jab or standing strong (both of which leave her at +9), which probably means it didn’t get any faster but someone else can test.

Gief can reversal SPD it now on block, but he couldn’t in AE due to it leaving her at neutral (+0) AND pushing her out of range. Chun can reversal super it on block now, but Ryu can’t reversal Shinkuu, so it looks like the move is now -2 on block.

I can’t get anything to combo from this on counter hit in 2012 but I can manage standing/crouching MK in AE.

Remember that you can test changes between the versions by deleting the 2012 update file, since it is independent from the AE content.

Thanks for posting the video, god send for us PC guys who can only watch and wait…

Hi,

I haven’t tested a lot, but I tried some new setups, new combos and new punishes with nerfs. I posted them on my blog (http://ibukissf4.over-blog.com/article-ibuki-2k12-work-in-progress-92353919.html) here’s an English translation (some were already posted here) :

General stuff

• Reverse Spin Kick (b+MK) is faster, probably around 8 to 9 frames now
  • Her dash is a lot faster, maybe her command dash is too.
  • Bancho Kick still can’t touch shotos’ cr.MK.
  • Airborne UC1 > Airborne UC2 (240 vs 180)

Vs Chun-li

• Kazegiri (1 hit) FADC st.HK X HJC Command Dash LK, cr.HP connects now, you had to do CD MK before to make this combo connect. This is a result of a faster dash.

Vs Feilong

• You can punish the second rekka on block with EX Raida, no matter the distance. You can Raida too, but on max range, it may whiff. Nonetheless, contrary to AE, the Raida always cuts off the third Rekka.

Vs Akuma

• UC2 forces stand now, so you can punish cr.HK no matter the distance(if Akuma uses UC2, if he uses UC1 he can punish you)

Vs Yun

• TC MP to HP is now punishable with st.MK, f+LK, Raida…
  • Raida-ing dive kicks is a lot easier

VS Viper

• It is now possible to use throws as an option select to counter EX Seismos/EX Seismos cancel

Didn’t add it yet but Tsugijoe LP to super LP can punish some crouch throw techs, have too look deeper into that.

BTW, I said on Twitter f+MK and EX Tsumuji were buffed, that is not the case, f+MK still whiffs on some cr.LK like Gen or Sim, and the last hit of EX Tsumuji still whiffs on Rose pretty often.

Love that new Ibuki !

^ - thank you Saunic I’ll update the first post with your information.
I don’t believe her b+Forward is faster frame-wise, it’s just that the animation is different.