Ibuki ver. 2013 wishlist

ibuki

This thread is going on in many other character forums, so I thought why not Ibuki’s? Assuming a 2013 balance patch does indeed come out, what changes should be made to everyone’s favorite female ninja?

I was wondering when this thread would turn up here. Keeping in mind that I’m a total noob, I have only two hopes:

1. No nerfs. There is so much butthurt about vortex characters that I’m worried Ibuki will get nerfed until she becomes Hakan’s personal punching bag.
  2. A little more range on her grab would be nice.

Sure, I’ll bite.

I wish Ibuki’s bonsho kick had a lowered hit box, so that it actually hit people doing crouching forwards.
I wish Ibuki would have her Second Impact target combo, c.lk, c.mp, c.hp. So you don’t have to link a 1 or 2 frame link to combo from a low. And preferably have the c.hp super jump cancelable as well as her kicks one, the s.lk, s.mk, s.hk.
I wish Ibuki’s command jump had some invisibility on start up, but same jump arc.
I wish Ibuki’s far s.lp, s.mp, s.lk combo was super jump / special cancelable.
I wish her air target combos would work, air to air. (not sure if they should juggle into raida, that might be too much)
MAYBE someway to deal with divekicks, not sure how. Although you can just leave that as a weakness.

Other than that I think Ibuki is fine as she is. She has all the tools she needs.

Things that I want, but would be over powered.
Ibuki has third strike overhead range.
Thrid strike EX dp.
EX command dash.
EX command jump.
Safe Hien on hit / block.
Third strike s.hk juggles.
Tsumuji loops work on every character.
More comboability in general.

@0sh: What do you mean by “grab”? You mean forward throw? Back throw? Raida?

@Waffle Slapper: Ibuki already has a ton of comboability, from Tsumuji loops, to cr.HP kunai to target combos; what more do you need? lol

My wish List:

1. EX command dash, similar to Yang’s (hit invincible) OR some sort of hit invincibility on her Tsujigoe. Either one of these could potentially solve her wakeup game and maybe put her on par with Makoto’s wakeup (with the exception of beating meaty throws with Axe kick into ultra, or EX karakusa into ultra, lol). But if not, then I’m okay with Ibuki having an average wakeup game; I’ll just keep blocking until I get one bar.

2. TC4 work on everyone crouching (eg: Blanka, CViper, Dhalsim, etc.). It’s hard to call it a bnb when it’s not even reliable on common characters like the shotos. Getting this slight “buff” would help a ton in the Bipson matchup so you can force him to stand and then go into a Tsumuji loop.

3. (LK?) Hien knockdown on hit, or maybe just the second hit will knockdown. This is possibly the only thing I can think of to make this move useful outside of a super reset, and spamming on Gief but we usually only use HK Hien for Gief. The fact is, Hien is punishable even on hit by a majority of the cast; there’s really just no reward for that kind of risk.

4. U2 move forward faster, maybe the same speed like Yun’s U2? Just anything so I don’t correctly reaction U2 through a fireball, only to have my opponent drop out of it mid combo and then I get punished.

5. EX dp more invincibility, so it stops getting beat out by dive kicks. Ibuki’s EX dp is possibly the least invincible EX dp in the game. In exchange, I’m willing to give up the kunai followup (which is just gimmicks) and maybe even a startup nerf; not like you’re going to be using it on wakeup with its terrible autocorrect-ability in the first place. This buff alone would help tons in the Cammy matchup for example.

6. cr.LK to cr.LP chainable OR cr.LK to cr.LK chainable OR cr.LK to something not be a 1f link.

Would be nice to have, but not necessary:

1. Slight walkspeed buff (forward or backward or both).

2. Neckbreaker slight startup buff to make it easier to catch backdashes (eg: Chun’s) and teleports. It’s already punishable on block by most ultras in the game, so hopefully I don’t think it’s too much to ask for, especially when you can’t space it to be safe like Cammy’s dumb SA.

3. cr.MK SJC-able; this could potentially be switched with the cr.LK wish, so at least you can do like cr.MK xx SJC Tsumuji and make people afraid of your low game. It might also complete her footsies game.

4. 2nd hit Tsumuji stop whiffing on hit on crouchers (eg: Chun, Gen). Sounds like something that should just be fixed, but I think buffing the hitbox to hit lower too much might make Tsumuji too good in that it’ll just simply replace her footsies game. At least when I’m comboing far.st.MK into Tsumuji, that should be guaranteed and not whiff.

5. Startup buff for Tsumuji(s) for true blockstring.

6. st.MP hitbox slight buff downwards to not get beat point blank by Ibuki’s cr.LK, shoto cr.MK, etc.

By grab I meant her forward/back throws (particularly forward), not her command grabs.

Also, +1 to the TC4 hitting all crouching characters.

Kara throw solves that problem.

facepalm Why do I not think of these things.

Even if I know we are all speaking about something that will most likely not happen (sigh, I’d like to though T_T ), here is what I’d say:

1/ No nerfs. Ibuki is imho a very balanced character right now, she’s good, has comeback potential, and has enough flaws for any opponent to beat her
2/ cr.LK to cr.LP should be either chain or a 2f link, to allow people to play correctly Ibuki without rewiring their stick. This is imho the most important buff she’d need
3/ Slight buff on her walkspeed. I mean, a slow moving ninja is not a ninja, right?
4/ Find a way to use Tsujigoe. Whatever way, I don’t care, just find something so Ibuki can actually use this move because as of now, it’s just like this move does not exist.
5/ Maybe slightly buff the Bansho kick on block so it’d be -2 instead of -3 ? Free DP punish when you want to bait a tech throw is a bit harsh imho :frowning:

That’s all. Buffing her too much would send her to the top hated seat of “the unstoppable god tier”. What Mingo said about Hien makes sense, maybe at least it should not be punishable on hit (so you can use it even if you have no super).
I’d love an EX command dash but that would make her OP lol.
Something fun would be to slightly increase the hitstun on cl.st.LP so you’re not completely screwed in case you were too close (I sometimes manage to link two cl.st.LP in a row, nonsense FTW)

Did you read my post at all? lol. I said half the things you did. The comboability thing is more of a joke, but ok. (not that it wouldn’t hurt to have more combos, lol)

@Waffle Slapper: I don’t see why we can’t have similar wish lists.

@Damascus:

1. I agree. If Ibuki gets nerfed then we’ll most likely just never ever see an Ibuki besides Sako place top 32 @ Evo. Nevermind placing consistently at majors. Perhaps one nerf I can think of that wouldn’t completely remove one of her tools is less frame advantage on blocked f+MK. Her f+MK is slow and fairly easy to react to, but she is possibly the only character who can maintain pressure even after the overhead gets blocked. Maybe +1 instead of the whopping +3 it is now. Against Guile for example, spamming this will kill two birds with one stone: maintain pressure and get rid of his down charge which he needs for his reversal (unless he has ultra, I guess lol).

2. Against shotos (or anyone with good 3f jab execution) I usually just go for max range f+HK. You can still (1f) link st.MK afterward on counterhit, or far.st.LP if you’re close enough, and you’ll be out of range of reversal dp, or likely far enough that your opponent probably wouldn’t want to chance it.

Can you manage to get a counter hit out of a max range bansho? I usually do it at a closer range since most opponents won’t just crouch tech is they are far enough. I should try this lol

I was talking to my sparring partner about this and he didnt care about any of my arguments… he wants Ibuki nerfed into oblivion. Just an example of many peoples attitide towards her and what capcom might do.

I honestly just want no nerfs. Asking for anything seems greedy because Ibuki is a very strong versatile character with easy oki. She has some bad matchups and she should have them imho. Capcom did a very good job with this chick. Honestly faster walking speed, easier c.lk combos, and more usefulness on some of her special moves is too strong unless they buff up some of the weaker characters a lot.

Just to anyone who doesnt realize… as far as c.lk goes we can just easily link another c.lk by pressing (plinking) throw. Either a plinked c.lk comes out or a linked c.lp in some cases. Either way it makes the link into far standing lp much eaiser to time. Its just what I do to help myself I guess. Its distance dependent obviously to be un range for the s.lp after two crouching moves but not too strict.

In my experience, yes, assuming you’re not counterhitting some long range poke. And maybe some crazy hitbox issues with certain characters or certain crouchers.

Point still stands that Ibuki is possibly the only rushdown character in the game who can’t chain her cr.LK into something. At least cr.LK into cr.LK would be nice, and we’d still have to 1f link into something or more to convert into a (reliable) knockdown anyways.

Also cr.LK , far.st.LP is not just spacing dependent, but character dependent as well, hence not as reliable.

I was surprised you guys wanted to “make cr.LK, cr.LP chainable” as I thought everyone was doing it… if you could Tsumuji loop, surely you could chain her cr.LK with her cr.LP?

But I agree that making it even 1f easier would be an incredible buff for Ibuki.

Even if you have good Tsumuji loop execution, being a rushdown character who has to do 1f links to use your lows, is kind of annoying.

Another aspect is that chaining lows automatically gives you an option to deal with mashers, especially backdash mashers. Without option select U2 for example, there is no real way of dealing with Chun/Makoto/Rose backdash as they outrange Ibuki’s sweep and generally recover in time to block os Neckbreaker.

The thing is, there’s no way to make cr.LK into XYZ not a 1f link without buffing something too much, like 3f startup cr.LK, cr.LP, f+LK, or st.LK (well maybe 3f st.LK is okay. It got a hitbox buff previously but still underused and too situational. And you’d be forced into TC9 anyways so not a significant buff, but still gets the job done), or lastly cr.LK +5 on hit but then that would be way too good. cr.LK chaining into itself is the least significant buff of all those options.

I’d say the only one making sens would be cr.LK chaining into cr.LP . You can plink the second cr.LK so no need to do that. cr.LK being +5 would be way too much lol.

Or you just play the F-Word way: cr.LK - EX Tsumuji :smiley:

Im kind of surprised with this thread…Do you really guys think ibuki needs buffs?? I think she is a solid top 10 character, maybe top 6-7. I dont know how in the world she should get buffs. Im my opinion she should be nerffed a little bit, she is very powerfull. Even if she doesnt change, if cammy, fei, akuma, adon got nerffed a little bit she would be the top tier.

I´m not agree with this wishlist, I think she is ok. If v.2013 comes out I only ask for remove every single unblockable of this game and make vortex (ibuki vortex included) less powerfull.

I really don’t have the experience to make suggestions, yet I definitely agree something needs to be done with Hein. Having a pretty much useless special move just doesn’t make sense. I don’t think it should be punishable on hit, that is ridiculous.

One other thing, maybe you Ibuki experts can say weather this is a bad idea or not. After EX neckbreaker, she should end up the same distance away as she does with regular neckbreaker so she can go into vortex?

Referring to my wishlist:

1. Since this is a “wish” list, having a better wake up game is at the top of my list. Having a move with tons of invincibility that nullify most if not all option selects that are supposed to deal with your backdash seems to be a trait that the top tier share (EX CWing, Teleport, EX SBF). But if Ibuki had this, then yeah she might be a little broken like those characters.

2. I think this is more a hitbox fix, just like Rufus’s st.LK xx st.HK target combo should have worked on crouching Blanka. Ibuki’s TC4 forces stand, so why do I have to take into account whether my opponent is crouching just to use it?

3. There are very few moves in this game that are punishable on hit. Blanka up ball is a good example that used to be punishable on hit, but recent buffs changed it to cause a knockdown.

4. Another hitbox fix. When I punish a fireball with ultra, it should be guaranteed. None of this falling out of my ultra shit like Chun’s U1 in the corner (which should also be fixed imo).

5. Ibuki’s EX dp has the least amount of invincibility in the game for an EX dp, with the exception of Yun’s but he gets a (ultra) followup so who cares lol. Heck even some regular dp’s have more invincibility than her EX dp.

2,3, and 4 are just minor “fixes” imo for things that should have been. 5 is a slight buff (even 1-2 more invincibility will help so I can stop spending meter on a dp that will lose to dive kicks anyways), and 1,6 are the true buffs, but not as top priority as 2,3,4.

Referring to my wishlist:

1. Since this is a “wish” list, having a better wake up game is at the top of my list. Having a move with tons of invincibility that nullify most if not all option selects that are supposed to deal with your backdash seems to be a trait that the top tier share (EX CWing, Teleport, EX SBF). But if Ibuki had this, then yeah she might be a little broken like those characters.

2. I think this is more a hitbox fix, just like Rufus’s st.LK xx st.HK target combo should have worked on crouching Blanka. Ibuki’s TC4 forces stand, so why do I have to take into account whether my opponent is crouching just to use it?

3. There are very few moves in this game that are punishable on hit. Blanka up ball is a good example that used to be punishable on hit, but recent buffs changed it to cause a knockdown.

4. Another hitbox fix. When I punish a fireball with ultra, it should be guaranteed. None of this falling out of my ultra shit like Chun’s U1 in the corner (which should also be fixed imo).

5. Ibuki’s EX dp has the least amount of invincibility in the game for an EX dp, with the exception of Yun’s but he gets a (ultra) followup so who cares lol. Heck even some regular dp’s have more invincibility than her EX dp.

2,3, and 4 are just minor “fixes” imo for things that should have been. 5 is a slight buff (even 1-2 more invincibility will help so I can stop spending meter on a dp that will lose to dive kicks anyways), and 1,6 are the true buffs, but not as top priority as 2,3,4.