If you "try" to contact HORI to get a replacement part

this will be their answer:

great.
thank you for nothing.

assholes.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: Manufacturer replacement circuit (part) needed!
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 16:55:50 -0800
To: ‘jun’ <uchiha.jun@gmail.com>
CC: <infous@hori.jp>

Dear Jun,

Thank you for contacting HORI USA.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience.

In regards to the HORI Wireless Fighting Stick 3, unfortunately we do not sell any parts separately.

Please contact the original store of purchase to possibly receive a replacement unit.

Once again, we are very sorry for the inconvenience.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you very much

HORI USA

From: hori_usa-owner@hori.jp [mailto:hori_usa-owner@hori.jp] On Behalf Of jun
Sent: Friday, January 07, 2011 8:36 PM
To: infous@hori.jp; supportus@hori.jp; salesus@hori.jp
Subject: Manufacturer replacement circuit (part) needed!
Importance: High

*Hello!

I write to you guys because I ran out of options.
I looked for this all over my country and even on web pages such as eBay and Amazon, with no success.

I’m trying to find this part from a HORI Wireless Fighting Stick 3 (product number: UHP3-63 / 879124002294) as it appears in your page.

Is there any way you guys can sell me a replacement for the circuit part (rusty piece) or the whole thing (battery-case) brand-new?? I have the money ready, and Pay-Pal account or Credit Card. Oh, the little piece part number is e156176.

Please please please help me out however you can! If you can’t sell me one could you please point me into the right direction, like a re-seller or something that has it?

Thank you very much for your attention in this matter.

Jun***

you have been warned.

so i guess i’ll just throw my stick to the garbage… :sad:

What is the point of this? You’re upset because Hori doesn’t stock a replacement circuit part to sell you? You realize that just because they use a part in their finished product, it doesn’t mean they MADE it, right?

This is like you getting mad at Toyota because you bought a Toyota Camry and they don’t have a replacement Goodyear tire to give you.

the part is MADE by hori, my well-un-informed friend.
I would show you a pic, but no one has been kind enough to help me with that problem.

and yes, im mad.
what a genius it took to realize it!

and i want to alert any other hori-owners out there, so they don’t waste their time. like i did.

get it now?

I’m shocked they wouldnt stock replacments, wether they built them or not. I’d send another email and see what your second response is. You never know, maybe the person who wrote to you was right, maybe they were just lazy and couldnt be bothered actually helping.

Last I checked, most companies like this don’t sell replacement parts for their stuff.

Wouldn’t you get the same answer from Mad Catz if you asked them for a PCB? Let’s try sending them an e-mail asking for an empty Chun case.

Your first mistake was purchasing a Hori Wireless Fighting Stick 3…:lol:

Touche, my better informed friend. Still though, there’s probably just no way for them to get just that part to the end consumer. Very unfortunate for you. Still, I wish you luck.

Whats it matter what stick he bought, He still needs help look at the bigger picture, This is tech-talk lets not continue to bash him for something he may not understand and help him.

OP has the right to be upset. It’d be like if you had to buy a new car because your headlight went out and there were no replacement parts.

Your best bet, it to get a 2nd wireless hori stick used, and cannibalize one of the sticks for parts.

Game controllers just aren’t treated on the same level as cars.

true.

it came with the game though. So I had little choice…

Do what most of us do when our shizz goes bad. Mod it!

Precisely my thoughts…

Although, this is will be a big project for me, I’ve never modded anything in my life! I’ll start reading the noob threads or something, cuz i don’t even really know where to begin.
Much less where can I get parts (besides the online stores) - or the names of the parts I need.

Oh well… we’ll see.

Modder’s creed: If it doesn’t work the way you like, make it work. If it works the way you like, mod it until it doesn’t.

Edit: Check the noobie thread, as well as http://shoryuken.com/f177/intro-rules-tutorials-info-read-before-posting-209057/ and -especially- read up slagcoin.com

thanks. i will.