In need of PCB Help

I’m currently in the process of designing and obtaining parts to build myself an arcade-style controller for the PS4 port of Project Diva: Future Tone. I have almost everything worked out, but need some help in finding a suitable PCB. I’ve been going through the forums and saw some excellent tutorials and PCB layouts, and was going to try using a stock first party PS4 controller PCB to use. As somebody relatively new to working with PCBs and knows how to solder decently, but not proficiently, am I going to have a hard time working with a first party controller PCB? I was also looking at the Hori Fighting Commander 4, but I need use of all of L1/R1, L2/R2, and L3/R3, which most fighting pads don’t have a need for, however if it would be significantly easier to work with, I would be willing to try and add a switch to toggle between the button modes on the HFC4. If there are other affordable options available I would love to hear about them, as price is somewhat of a factor due to shipping costs to Canada.

As a bonus, I would like to be able to add LEDs to this controller that would be on by default, and deactivate when the button is pushed, similar to the real arcade buttons. If anybody knows how to make this happen, please let me know since I don’t know how to do it.

1. Don’t use a first party DS4; it’s an unnecessarily difficult mod.

2. Use a HFC4. You can have access to all of L1/R1/L2/R2/L3/R3 all at once, and it’s real easy to solder to and use.

3. There are a gazillion tutorials on LEDs and PCBs to use for LEDs, and several easy-to-use options. The most recommended would be the Kaimana board and associated LEDs, as it’s the most easily programmable (since most LED solutions have the LEDs OFF when the button is not pressed, and ON when the button is pressed).

4. Welcome to Tech Talk; people here frown on creating new threads for topics that have essentially been covered in other threads before, as has all your questions above. As questions like these here: Absolute Question and Answer Thread v.3 (ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!)

Apologies for making this thread. I had been reading other threads and searching throughout the forums for some answers and information, and thought my questions might be a little bit more specialized. I’ll keep it in mind in the future and search harder next time. Regardless, thank you for answering my questions and helping me out.