In the beginning was the Frame but Before?

Good day Everyone!

I am casual player of the fighting games, but I having a really great time going deep into complexity of this genre.

At same point I have realized that I want to pay a tribute to it. I have a plan of making yet another series of videos about fighting games lol. But for historical part I am struggle to find any information about:

•  When "Frame data" term was appeared and started to use by the community?
• What resource was published them first or at least the most popular? 
• Did "Frame data"  term use during the Arcade Age or  it comes after it?
• When did you  faced with the term first? 

I understand that it is probably too difficult or even impossible to answer some of this questions. But I wanted to thank anyone who will provide even small portion of information or spent their time providing some tips.

Best regards,

FGnewbie

Hi, I am the developer of Street Fighter, I just made a new account to get back into the swing of things (was last here as Nephew), and while I wont break my own NDA, i love your idea of ‘tribute’.

I believe that is exactly right. And, so, Frame Data, for now, simply implies the window of that framed animation, the potted effect and resolution change nothing. The frame is holding all NEW and relevant data between you and your opponent.
The data is simply the process, which almost never stands still, of you and your opponent realizing and removing the current and general formation of your strategies colliding to require you to recollect, within these “frames”, as data. Hope this helps, can’t wait for your reply.

Edit:
When “Frame data” term was appeared and started to use by the community?

This showed up when Ed Ma said that Ryu uses data, never knows, and Ken uses expectation, never his own, to show a player, and then themselves to win, finally.

• What resource was published them first or at least the most popular?

We used NintendoPower and PSM. The last 12 pages from 1995 to 2002, then all here and gamefaqs.

• Did “Frame data” term use during the Arcade Age or it comes after it?

Arcade, meaning no homework playstyles should be wunning and when they do we should all know what the problem is or shut up about the complaining.
Console games were hard cause champs were under 10, made a lot of playing parents weirded. Maybe he marries his daughter? A gamer? NOOO, and all that.

• When did you faced with the term first?

I used it with him, ed, I call him Mucho or Sato, like satellite, while we were being explained back to us, in other words, the game I’d made that he learned to read code with. :slight_smile: