Individual matchup threads, linked through one sticky. Thoughts?

gouken

I’m going to start a character matchup thread for each of the new characters in AE as a test run.

The purpose of these threads will be to gather all information on the matchup in one EASY to read place for that specific matchup.

As it is right now, we have over 500 posts in the character matchup thread and to find information on say the Guile matchup you would have to search all 500+ posts to find each one.

With a thread dedicated to Guile vs Gouken, which would be linked from the original matchup thread (so it is always easy to find), all of the relevant Guile matchup information, along with questions and answers pertaining to that matchup, would be in one place.

No more sorting and sifting through matchup knowledge with all the other characters just to find the one thing you need on Guile. No more repeat questions. Simple and easy.

I forgot where I got this idea from, I stole it from one of the other character threads but I thought it was brilliant.

The original thread will not be deleted.

isnt that covered in the consolidatied character and situational tatics thread?

Technically it is, the problem is if I want to find all the information about the matchup with Guile that all the information is spread over 500+ posts and the thread is only going to get bigger.

By using individual threads all the Guile information will be in one thread so people won’t ask repeat questions and have one thread to find all the matchup knowledge we have compiled.

Now you are probably asking well how are we going to ind those threads when they sink? That’s why we sticky the one thread with a link to each character thread.

Sounds like a great idea.

Start the fei one? :slight_smile:

It really doesn’t matter who starts the thread. They just need to be created you can only post 1 per 90 seconds or something like that… so it’d be easier to see that if the particular match up is missing then just make the thread. When they are all together either Reipin or myself will create the master match up thread with all the links etc.

I’ll work on posting a couple of Match up links as well, though I won’t be able to sit in front of my cpu un-interrupted until later.

Truth!

If you see a matchup thread missing, just make it. You don’t have to do the “video” part. The only requirement is to title it correctly?

Just make it titled “Matchup in AE: Gouken vs Character”

This way we know it is an AE matchup thread.

Should we make a “Matchup in AE: Gouken vs Capcom” thread? Or is that already covered by the Frustration thread and the Balance Changes thread? :slight_smile:

Don’t get me started on that :stuck_out_tongue: Did you see what they did with the PC version? the smooth setting is the default setting which can apparently lead to dropped frames, with some of those frames being actual hit boxes to hold characters in place. LOL? People fly out of Rufus U2.

I LOL’d