Interesting Find- St. Jab

fei-long

<span style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal;”><span style=“font-style: normal;”><span style=“font-style: normal;”>Everyone knows that Fei Long’s St. Jab tends to whiff on certain crouching characters (sometimes depending on if they block or not), whereas it wouldn’t against other characters. This tends to remove key frame traps as a result or give you troubles with comboing from St. Jab into your preferred rekka combo of choice. What if I told </span><i>YOU</i> that there are actually ways to land a St. Jab on certain characters that we’ve all come to believe “it doesn’t work” on?<br><br>Catch this, after hours in the dojo, I observed that St. Jab will only land on block and/or on hit agaisnt those</span> characters it usually wouldn’t (Ex. Cammy, Cody) depending on several factors; <br></span><br><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>1) If you chain <i><b>into</b></i> St. Jab from a previous light normal. (Depends on hit or block)</span></font><br><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>2) If you Link <b><i>into</i></b><i> </i>St. Jab from a previous normal. (</span></font><span style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small; line-height: normal;”>Depends on hit or block) <br></span><span style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small; line-height: normal;”>3) If you chain <i><b>into</b></i> a normal from St. Jab</span><span style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small; line-height: normal;”>.</span><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”> (</span></font><span style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small; line-height: normal;”>Depends on hit or block)</span><span style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small; line-height: normal;”><br></span><span style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small; line-height: normal;”>4) If you link <b><i>into</i></b> a normal from St. Jab.</span><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”> (</span></font><span style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small; line-height: normal;”>Depends on hit or block)</span><br><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>5) If you hover around certain distances, because a character’s crouch animation tends to cause determine whether or not it will whiff at the right distance. (</span></font><span style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small; line-height: normal;”>Depends on hit or block))</span><br><div style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal;”><br><br>I understand some of you will ask “What the hell is the point of knowing this? If it doesnt hit then who cares about on block, blah blah blah”. This one little detail will help you determine how to approach the matchup when it comes to pressure strings (ie helps you frame trap more efficiently) and which ways to combo more consistently into rekkas. It helps to know that you can chain into St. Jab and go for the Cr.Mk frametrap as opposed to just throwing it out there and risk getting stuffed by an opponents crouch tech. I’m composing a chart at the moment, but i just need to word it correctly so you guys dont get confused with the concept. Ask away! <br><br><br></div>

(Reserved just in case)