Is a wireless Dualshock 4/PS4 Stick + DS4Windows fast enough?

I have read that they have less latency when used wireless than wired (kinda weird). However that is just the connection from the controller to the PC/dongle. I have read more than a few times people talking about the actual encoding of the inputs to xinput (What DS4Windows does) can add 40+ ms of extra latency… :confused:

Example: Eurogamer did a test on input latency and they found that “Input Mapper’s process of taking the Dual Shock 4 inputs and translating them into standard PC Xinput adds a considerable amount of latency”. They noted that “initial results were deeply unimpressive, with the PC actually lagging behind PlayStation 4 by a remarkable 41ms (five frames on our 120fps captures),” but by switching to a wired Xbox controller they removed any additional latency and brought it in line with the PS4 version."

ds4windows is basically the same program as inputmapper. no?

Anyone have any experience with this? Pretty expensive to buy one and a Bluetooth dongle just to find out :confused:

I tried a few different brands of bluetooth dongles on two different computers. I wasn’t able to get a consistently good bluetooth connection for SFV with any dongle on either PC, so YMMV.

I’m not the biggest fan of DS4windows though. I usually prefer to wire my DS4 and use x360ce.