Is it just me or is 2008 full of new releases?

I’m pretty stoked about all the fighters being released. I also know quite a few of my friends who have recently gotten back into fighters because of the hype associated around some of the new releases!!!

YES!!!

For that matter, there’s new Naruto games as well. The PS3 one (don’t know the name, and it might be 360 also?) looks incredibly good graphically, but I can’t say I’m a big fan of the Naruto games as a whole…

Say what you want, but SC and Tekken will at least be competitively playable.

No they didn’t.

Well, when you throw shit on a wall something is bound to stick. The more the better.

So I’m guessing about 4 or 5 shits are goona stick after the years end

My friend and I have been thinking about all of this as well, and we are VERY HAPPY !!

Hopefully, SF 4 will be huge and we’ll pretty much have the same thing that happened when SF II came out. A load of fighting games being pumped out !
And hopefully, this makes Hori and other arcade stick manufacturers pump out loads of new sticks for us to mod !!!

yeah 08 is gonna be a huge year for 360 ninja gaiden 2, battlefield, gears of war, fable, street fighter, star wars, saints row, and gta4, but ps3 has its share great exclusives too as well as a few that i listed for 360

Lots of great 2D fighters that I will be picking up this year. I may pass up on SC4 if it’s anything like SC3. MK vs. DC will end up lame I bet.

So sticking them all together its something like this then ?

2008 ARCADE FIGHTING GAMES (USA, JPN)

Akatsuki Blitzkampf Ausf Achse (JPN)
Arcana Heart II (JPN)
Blaz Blue (JPN)
Fate/Unlimited Codes (JPN)
King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match (JPN)
King of Fighters XII (JPN)
Melty Blood: Actress Again (JPN)
Monster Ancient Cline (JPN)
Samurai Spirits Sen (JPN)
Street Fighter IV (JPN)
Tatsunoko vs Capcom (JPN)
Tekken 6 (USA)
Virtua Fighter 5 R (JPN)

2008 CONSOLE FIGHTING GAMES (USA, JPN)

Arcana Heart (PS2 USA)
Battle Fantasia (PS3, 360 JPN)
Blaz Blue (PS3) - Not officially announced yet
Crusis Fatal+Fake (PC - JPN)
Dragon Ball Z Burst Limit (PS3, 360 - US)
Fatal Fury Battle Archives 2 (PS2 - USA)
Guilty Gear XX ? Core (PS2, Wii EUR) - Released last year in the US and Japan
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core PLUS (PS2 JPN) - An updated version of the game above, new characters, rebalance, etc.
Hinokakera fragment:Eclipse (PC - JPN)
King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match (PS2 JPN) - Not officially announced yet
King of Fighters Maximum Impact Regulation A2 (PS2 JPN)
King of Fighters Orochi Saga (Wii, PS2)
Million Knights Vermillion (PC - JPN)
Mortal Kombat vs DC (PS3, 360 - USA)
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja 3 (PS2 - USA) - English translation of 2005’s Narutimate Hero 3
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm (PS3 - JPN, USA) - Q4 Release
Samurai Showdown Collection (Wii, PS2)
Scarlet Weather Rhapsody (PC - JPN)
Sengoku Basara X Cross (PS2 JPN)
SNK Arcade Classics (PS2, PSP)
SOUL Calibure XBLA (360 - USA)
Soul Calibur IV (PS3, 360 - USA, JPN)
Street Fighter Alpha (PSN) - Not officially announced
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii - USA,JPN)
Super Street Fighter II TURBO HD Remix (PS3, 360 - USA)
Tekken 6 (PS3 - USA, JPN)
UFC 2K9 (USA)
Windy x Windam (DS)
World Heroes Collection (PS2)

[media=youtube]0F3Ov4NdccI"[/media]

Fixed for you. :tup:

An updated list then:

*Added corrections and info from EGM 229

2008 ARCADE FIGHTING GAMES (USA, JPN)

Akatsuki Blitzkampf Ausf Achse (JPN)
Arcana Heart II (JPN)
Blaz Blue (JPN)
Fate/Unlimited Codes (JPN)
King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match (JPN)
King of Fighters XII (JPN)
Melty Blood: Actress Again (JPN)
Monster Ancient Cline (JPN)
Samurai Spirits Sen (JPN)
Street Fighter IV (JPN)
Tatsunoko vs Capcom (JPN)
Tekken 6 (USA)
Virtua Fighter 5 R (JPN)

2008 CONSOLE FIGHTING GAMES (USA, JPN)

Arcana Heart (PS2 USA)
Battle Fantasia (PS3, 360 JPN, USA) Coming to the US in summer '08 according to June 2008’s EGM
BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger (PS3 - JPN, USA) Coming in fall '08 according to June 2008’s EGM
Crusis Fatal+Fake (PC - JPN)
Dragon Ball Z Burst Limit (PS3, 360 - US)
Fatal Fury Battle Archives 2 (PS2 - USA)
Guilty Gear XX ? Core (PS2, Wii EUR) - Released last year in the US and Japan
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core PLUS (PS2, PSP JPN) - An updated version of the game above, new characters, rebalance, etc.
Hinokakera fragment:Eclipse (PC - JPN)
King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match (PS2 JPN) - Not officially announced yet
King of Fighters Maximum Impact Regulation A2 (PS2 JPN)
King of Fighters Orochi Saga (Wii, PS2, PSP)
Million Knights Vermillion (PC - JPN)
Mortal Kombat vs DC (PS3, 360 - USA)
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja 3 (PS2 - USA) - English translation of 2005’s Narutimate Hero 3
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm (PS3 - JPN, USA) - Q4 Release
Samurai Showdown Anthology (Wii, PS2, PSP)
Scarlet Weather Rhapsody (PC - JPN)
Sengoku Basara X Cross (PS2 JPN)
SNK Arcade Classics (PS2, PSP)
SOUL Calibure XBLA (360 - USA)
Soul Calibur IV (PS3, 360 - USA, JPN)
Street Fighter Alpha (PSN) - Not officially announced
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii - USA,JPN)
Super Street Fighter II TURBO HD Remix (PS3, 360 - USA)
Tekken 6 (PS3 - USA, JPN)
UFC 2K9 (USA)
Windy x Windam (DS)
World Heroes Collection (PS2)

Yeah there are a lot of fighting games coming out this year; Its starting to get me back into playing them again! I heard SF4 wasn’t good at all from a source who told me he played it…the speed of the game was like SSF2T speed.

And dont forget about the re-relase of KOF’98: UM thats coming out this year too!

You know fighting games are making a notable comeback when mainstream media video game coverage is mentioning stuff specifically for the hardcore players again.

I just watched the Gametrailers’ video review of SC4, where they directly addressed gameplay depth, character balance, its suitability for tournaments and more serious, competitive play, and even pointed out that online play (“where every frame counts”) can never completely replace offline play.

It’s really refreshing to hear big names in video game news starting to aim their talk towards the more dedicated, precise fans rather than just the average gamer (very casual player).

Our genre is far from dead, and even older games still have the ability and power to attract fresh interest and new players. I was killing time at a corner store the other day, scrubbing around against the computer on a very neglected XvSF cab, and this group of ten year old kids formed this little group to watch, just in absolute awe of how cool it looked. Keep in mind that this is a game older than them, and their first consoles are just amazing-looking, jawdropping 3D HD whatever shit. We all already know it, but there really is something there. There’s a raw appeal that just won’t die, and for good reason.

The popularity of big events like Evo and Tougeki/SBO continues to grow. Guys who used to play in their childhood are getting back into it again, and all these new titles keep bringing in more new players. Awesome netcode has been proven to be possible, and I swear to God (even if it’s just because of Smash, haha) that there are more and more local tournaments happening these days.

It’s a gooood time to be a fan of the genre. :smile:

Online Play pretty much cast Phoenix Down on the Fighting Scene as a whole.

Demon Bride, hopefully…