Is it just me or is balrog really tough to play as?

balrog

i am really noob in sf4 and ive played 121 fights online
I have 23 wins which is 19%

Im just getting kinda disheartened that i just suck at balrog.

I can play tekken 6 WAYYYY better… cause ive played tekken since tekken 2.

Also alot better at vf

So i dont know why i just cant get a handle and win some freaking games.

Maybe because you just kinda started playing?

Getting good with a character takes more than 121 fights.

Many of use have logged thousands of fights online as well as offline casuals and tournament experience.

Keep truckin’

its probably just you, Balrog is one of the easiest chars to play in SFIV

Real classy, bud. You know, you didn’t have to say it. That’s like pointing out someones lazy eye or lisp or missing appendage right to their face. You’ve hurt the collective feelings of millions of Rog players. Way to go.

It’s probably because you’re not used to charging and pre-Charging (charging during a move) since it doesn’t (does it?) exist in tekken and VF :wink: It just takes practice and you’ll get it down :wink:

When i played Tekken, my characters were usually Qrt circle guys.
but since SF is filled with Ryu , Ken, Akuma and Sagat homos i dont wanna be lumped in with those guys.

sorry for the R, K , A, Sagat hate.
When i play SF4 with friends i only see ryu or ken, EVER

Hmm well if charge characters are not your thing, you could just go beast mode with Dan :smiley:

Seriously though, I’m probably a scrub Balrog at best and I have over 400 hours of game time. Then again, I mingle with a ton of characters, but I use Balrog the most. So in other words, keep playing… a lot. It takes a LONG time to get good. If you care about your BP or something just do player matches for some practice. Oh and do Balrogs Trials, they come in handy. You don’t need to pull off the whole giant crazy combo’s, but you can take a bit here and there and just mix em up.

Hmm well if charge characters are not your thing, you could just go beast mode with Dan :smiley:

Seriously though, I’m probably a scrub Balrog at best and I have over 400 hours of game time. Then again, I mingle with a ton of characters, but I use Balrog the most. So in other words, keep playing… a lot. It takes a LONG time to get good. If you care about your BP or something just do player matches for some practice. Oh and do Balrogs Trials, they come in handy. You don’t need to pull off the whole giant crazy combo’s, but you can take a bit here and there and just mix em up.

They’re all easy, apart from Viper, Gen and Elf :wink:

i main Rog myself and it doesnt hurt my feelings, its just a fact and nothing is bad about it

I hear turtling with rog is an art.

Come back and ask this question after you’ve done 2500+ fights with Balrog. (That’s not my personal #) By then you’ll probably have an alt to escape how EZ he can be sometimes.

i think Balrog can be a tough character to use for sure when you’re first starting with him. i watched a lot of good Balrog players though and was surprised by how much I learned in such a quick amount of time, now he’s pretty much my main character and i can’t stop using him! all i can say is to watch some matches of ‘Maeda Taison’ on YouTube and just practice - practice - practice! BTW: Maeda Taison is a total monster.

you just gotta find people who are on your level. Get someone else who is new to play against. Also, Charge characters are pretty tough to start out with as well.

People smurf accounts online to play in g3 because they’re so cool. Also, there’s plenty of resources in the Boxer forum that tell you about what normals are good and the effectiveness of dash punches.

Mostly though, just get a friend who’s as new as you to play with you. I’ve sat in Training Mode with my friend for hours just showing him stuff in the game.
121 games is not enough to really understand the depth of street fighter, so, stick with it! You’ll get your fight money eventually.

balrog is a really fun character. just make sure you spend most of your time in the down/back position.
and it really helps when you play any charge character with a square gate joystick(so you can always be charged for something , even right after you perform a sp move)
when fighting shoto or fireball characters make sure you are holding down for the TAP

charge

balrog is a really fun character. just make sure you spend most of your time in the down/back position.
and it really helps when you play any charge character with a square gate joystick(so you can always be charged for something , even right after you perform a sp move)
when fighting shoto or fireball characters make sure you are holding down for the TAP

Start with his normals, it’s really easy to get lost in the specials early on, when Rogs normals are all you need. My best advice would be to go into training mode and work all of his normals, you’ll get a lot of use out of far standing HK, crouching FP, and crouching MP. As pokes, use those to lead into specials. and use tap to move around the screen and maintain backcharge.

I main rog and, well i don’t see him as the easiest, nor do i see any charge character easy as well (except blanka), you have to be all the time thinking about charging while you’re landing combos to link specials, all the time, he has no projectiles, not godlike shoryuken that wins every single attack in game, his headbutt into ultra only links for about 60% of his hits…

balrog is the bees knees, i main blanka but started playing this guy.

so cool, i find it hard to tell his specials apart since i have a pad though XD/.

Rog is the easiest character to play in SF4, and that is saying a lot.