Is it possible for a fight stick to lag?

I swear, mine lags the inputs, or mashes out something random.

Are there problems like this?

I have a Shitty Madcatz, basic stick, but have sanwa buttons and Semitsu… but I swear to god… sometimes I just input simple dp and it mashes out something crazy, or doesn’t do anything at all…

I know i know… look at my inputs… and muscle memory, I have, and I swear something is wrong here.

Would a "Forfeiture" option help Ranked?

are you playing on a monitor? If you’re using a regular tv that might be the issue.

Im on a Monitor. 144hz

Htz does not meant anything as far as input delay, what are you inputting into? What is your system/game/port/console?

1. it’s probably your sloppy inputs (no offense intended) different games have different tolerances for inputs (If you’re going from SFIV to SFV this probably includes you)
  2. http://www.displaylag.com/ for monitor reference
  3. Turn on input display re-peat 1-3

well, I just tried a different stick… and my god, it seems like EVERYTHING is working PERFECTLY on input.

But maybe a Korean stick just works for me better. (Crown not Semitsu Square Gate)

This is a personal comfort issue. If you feel more comfortable using the Korean stick then use that for now, and consider trying the other stick again some other time.

http://www.teyah.net/sticklag/results.html

That isn’t what’s going on here. You can tell by the way it isn’t.

while there is such a thing as input lag on sticks the problems youre describing sound more like theyre related to execution. How long have you been playing with a stick?

Oh, I know…
I was just answering the question.

Because even on the so-called “f-tier” sticks on that page, you can still do a DP. 15ms lag isn’t going to prevent you from tossing out plasma.

If I had to guess, it’s an execution problem, a bad switch, or the stick is on the wrong setting.

Make sure the LS DP RS switch is set to DP

What RoboKrikit said, its most likely a comfort issue. And BurnYourEgo is on the right track.
I also take what SHSL_Street_Fighter suggest and make sure the controller is set to DP and not LS or RS.

Most fightsticks don’t “lag” where it’s detrimental to a player.
I would take the whole teyah lag thing with a grain of salt.

Yes, Thanks for all the responses.

To answer the above.

I have only used a stick, but I have only been playing SF on and off from SF42k12

SO I know I Suck as well.

I might try putting the semitsu in the other stick, just to see if it’s just shitty hardware or if it is just a placebo for me right now.

I will also check the input like SHSL suggested.