Is it possible to use my SSFIV TE S Fightstick to play PS1 Ports?

I have a quick question hopefully someone could answer without getting flamed. I have a TE "S’ Fightstick and I was wondering if you can play any of the PS1 Ports with it? Or does it suffer the same fate as using the fight stick on PS3 for PS2 games. Although I have a PS3 Slim, I was just curious is all. Since Pocket Fighter is being released tonight on PSN, this would be my first PS1 purchase.

did you get that thing I sent you? :stuck_out_tongue:

What thing? I am at work, so if you sent me something on PSN then no.

I’ve always been able to play ps1 games both ports and off the disc with all my joysticks.

They may have changed the firmware, but I distinctly remember trying to play Street Fighter Alpha DL from PSN with a PS3 SE and it did not work. This was within 2 months of the release of Street Fighter IV.

I’ve played several PSOne classics with my PS3 TE. I have an HRAP V now, so its not an issue.

Guess I will just have verify this when I buy it later tonight since no one has a direct answer.

I have played Alpha, Alpha 2, SSF2THDR, and Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix with my TE stick, no problems.

All of those I bought from the PSN store.

Thank you Snake :slight_smile:

You’re welcome!

For what it’s worth, I’ve also played Metal Slug Anthology (the PS2 disc version) on my PS3 to re-experience Metal Slug in all its arcade glory, lol. That game is hard as fuck on a stick.

But that’s the way it was meant to be played :sad:

I find platformers to be easier on a pad. This might be because of my super-gosu super mario world training I went through as a kid. It’s definitely more fun on a stick though.

shmups are much better on a stick IMO.

…if you never pumped a lot of quarters into an arcade cabinet. It’s not so much the stick, but playing metal slug with 3 arcade buttons so I can lob my grenades while jumping and shooting just feels so much better than trying to claw grip a pad.

This.

why did I had to get the PSP version instead of the PS2 version of the Metal Slug Anthology

I played it a shit-ton when it was in arcades, but on pad it’s easier for me because I’d set L1 to my grenade button, so my grenade hand could function independently of my firing/jumping hand lol.

I don’t know. I know it’s the way it’s meant to be played, and it’s still really fun either way. I think that at some point the game is just trying to take your quarters.