Is justin that damn good?

state your opinions why he is… what we can learn from him

btw, is ther any fil-am participants on evo???

Nah man,i don’t think that boy is that good. It’s just that he had been the champ for like uh…3yrs now.:confused: . What do you think? About if we could learn from him. I don’t think he’ll teach us anything. I don’t think he want someone to defeat him. I personally will soon though. :evil: . But i doubt it. I’m not gonna spent my time trying to defeat him. I got better shit to do. Anyway,gl to all you ppl that’s trying to defeat him. He’s not that good personally. It’s just that he adapts faster than you ppl on here. I don’t play games that much(used to anyway),but if i do go back to playing games,i think i’d have a chance against him. You guys probably are like. BLah blah,he aint shit. :lol: . But i’m the only person who know how good i am. This is all for now.

Edit* Let the flames begin. :lol: :lol: :lol:

justin is that damn good… no doubt about it…

he can adapt to any player in 1 match of playing them. he knows EVERYTHING about the game. it’s like, his combos aren’t the top superb stuff that people like taiji, soo, etc, do, but his knowledge of the game lets him own with basics, because he will block or get around everything that you can throw at him, and he will get you every single time with the basics

yeah…in general he’s not a really flashy player, but he’s not playing for show, he’s playing to win

Just out of curiosity,what’s J-wong best team?

i’m not quite sure…but i believe his best team is team row and one of the storm/sent variants

he pwned with santhrax at CF the other night

what dafuck u talkin bout… justin timberlake… pop to hiphop

he’s WHACKKKKKKK!!!

ive seen him lots with mag/cable/cammy

off of forgo.net huh???

yeah, that’s his old team

He has to be that damn good if he is still the champ three straight years in a row. It may not look like much when you watch him play because he doesn’t go for the flashy stuff, only the basics, not to mention he can block his ass off. He has what virtually no other players have when playing this game. Adaptation and patience.

very well put

That’s pretty wierd… I play in touries of a game called Armored Core, and the camp there, Oliver, dont go with flash either and he has been undefeated for 5 years at MOC armored core finals… Maybe flashly is a bad idea in all games…:bluu:

It may not be so much that it’s a bad idea; it may just be the successfulness rating of combos/tactics actually connecting during a match. Like for an example, when I play Sentinel, I never go for fast fly combos because for some odd reason, I can never pull them off when I really want to but in the training room, I can do it in my sleep sometimes and little things like that costs me the game. It’s not that I can’t do it, it’s just that I want to take advantage of hurting the opponent while the opportunity is there rather than messing up.

This goes for other things as well such as Magneto resets and infinites. It’s almost imperative that a Magneto player does this but my execution of moves are not the greatest so that margin of error that I have always makes me think twice before taking a risk trying stuff like that. But this is just my opinion and why it works for me. If I was as good as the top players pulling off crazy resets and such, I’d do it all day every chance I got.:lol: j/k

Pretty much, Justin has good defense, adapts well, and plays safe. How can you say other players can’ adapt or be patient?

I don’t know what you’re looking for when you watch him play, but he looks that good when I watch. Why? Because the words “Win 1” keep appearing above his lifebars at the end of tournament games. That, not flash, says that he’s good.

Could someone tell me J-wong strategies on how he uses Team row and team Santhrax?

First off, when Justin uses Storm he uses Storm/Sent/Cyclops, not Santhrax as it were.

And there’s enough video of both strategies out there that it’s not hard to find. If you want to find out how he plays Mag/Cable/Sent-A, get an Evo 2k3 DVD when it becomes available or watch the Evo 2k2 or MWC6 footage of him against SiN. Add in that he likes to snap out Team Scrub Sentinels with Magneto on his first serious hit now. He also does not like to ever use the team in reverse order as Row himself was known to do when he considered that his main team.

As for Storm/Sent/Clops… well, there’s a lot of video out there of that, too, and it’s not that much different from when he used to play Storm/Sent/Cammy, he’s just updated his AAA philosophy.

Go find the stuff. If you know how to watch video, it’ll show you more than we’re going to explain here.

OK, first, I want to say that I’m not anywhere near where Justin Wong is at. Here’s my take, though.

I’d say patience is developed by realizing a few things. The first is that you don’t actually have to kill someone in one go, and that, even if you do, focusing on killing the person is still less effective than trying to get a single hit, then the combo, then, finally, the kill. The second, that you only need to get the momentum on your side… and coupled with that, you get to realize that you can frustrate your opponent more by breaking his momentum than actually hitting him with a massive combo. The harder he has to try to hit you, the more likely he is to mess up, and give you the opportunity to come back. The final realization is that both the, “oh, shit, I’m losing, and I have to turn the game around”, and the “I have a chance! I have a chance!” are equally destructive, if they do not force you to redouble your concentration. Most people play their least conservatively toward the end of a match… But all of my comebacks have been when I redoubled my focus, and played with purpose… and almost all of the comebacks done to me were when I got reckless.

To me, it seems that adaptation comes from three things. Mastery of the characters, experience, and keen observation. If you can see what your opponent is up to, it’s far easier to beat them. If you know what your character’s capabilities are, and know what does what, how fast, and where it happens and where to go, adaptation becomes easier. And if you make a point to make each loss a learning experience, you’ll eventually make less mistakes, leave less openings in your own game, and be able to see and take advantage of your opponent’s better.

Just my two cents. I don’t always follow my advice as well as I give it, though.

Tron Jon

Nice!