Is the Dreamcast a good console for fighting games?

I recently have gotten a Dreamcast. I have heard from many people that the quality of fighting games for the Dreamcast is really good. Is this true? Is it worth it to own one? If so, I would like to know what quality fighting games it has. I know the Dreamcast is a super old console, but I have never owned one up until now. I am not sure if this is in the right section of the forums but thank you to anyone that replies.

Has all the good fighters on it. Must buy.

Dreamcast > your life

Sigh.

Would it be possible to mod my TE to work on a dreamcast? Because I think I know someone that would give me his old dreamcast.
Also, lol I wouldn’t consider anything that came after the nes a “Super old console”

I know, right? :bgrin:

But yes, OP, Dreamcast had a ton of fighting games available for it. A3, 3S, CvS2, MVC2, and several KoF.

Sorry if I offended anyone with the “super old console” comment. I just have never gotten a Dreamcast until now, I don’t know much about it, and I am looking for helpful recommended game suggestions.

Dual mod your te with a PS1 control and buy a converter for PS2 -> DC.

play shenmue and learn the battle system, it will give you godlike virtua fighter fundies

MvC2, CvS2, and ST on DC are all really good versions.

Or just play Shenmue in general, it will give you an orgasm.

This must be a troll. Not only is it one of the best consoles for fighting games, but you don’t have to buy a single one. You can download backups online and simply burn them and play them. Most are self boot now and if you need the Utopia boot disc it’s available all over the internet.

The dreamcast is an amazing console! and yes, it’s old, but like the old wine…old=better :smiley:
(in my opinion the best console)
YOu can play a lots of great fighting game, and of course…YOU MUST BUY an arcade stick (the official modded full sanwa is great) to have a great play experience!

The fighting game that you can use on your dreamcast (i’m speaking about japanese release) are:

Capcom vs. SNK: Millennium Fight 2000
Capcom vs. SNK: Millennium Fight 2000 Pro
Capcom Vs SNK 2 Millionaire Fighting 2001
Dead or Alive 2
Dead or Alive 2 limited edition
Garou Mark of the Wolves
Fighting Vipers 2
Giant Gram: All Japan Pro Wrestling 2
Giant Gram 2000: All Japan Pro Wrestling 3
Guilty Gear X
JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure
JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure for Matching Service
The King of Fighters '98
The King of Fighters '99
The King of Fighters '00
The King of Fighters '01
The King of Fighters '02
The Last Blade: Final Edition
The Last Blade 2
Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes
Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes
Ready 2 Rumble Boxing
Soulcalibur
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Street Fighter III: Double Impact
Street Fighter III: Third Strike
Super Street Fighter II X
UFC: Ultimate Fighting Championship
Virtua fighter 3
WWF Royal Rumble

(usa/europe only release)

Project Justice - Rival Schools 2
Ready 2 Rumble Boxing: Round 2
WWF Attitude
Mortal Kombat Gold

Maybe i have forgot same games…but i think they’re all or near all…

:wink:

Ciao!

The DC is probably the best system for fighters ever (Next to a PC of course, and hell, even then~!). It’s an arcade machine in your home, monitor and stick not included.

I got this Dreamcast backup that has Super Turbo, MvC2, 3rd Strike and CvS2 AND Ikaruga on it all at once lol.

I just wish that I could get an agetec stick.

Power Stone. Project Justice. 'Nuff Said.

Get a Dreamcast and get a 6-button pad and you will be set my friend. FOR LIFE!!!

If you’re looking to play Third Strike, I don’t think the DC version is the best place for it.

If you do not mind me asking. What is wrong with 3rd Strike on the DC?

Not a lot, just has unblockables removed and something else like it’s sped up or something. DC is a great system for fighters and lots of other games too. Plus it’s great to have all those emu and rom discs to play on your tv instead of pc.