Is the fightstick really worth it, like seriously?

**Like, i’m getting owned by people doing the weakest easiest things to get away from and I can’t do my ultras or supers when I want them to work.

But see is this stick really worth it? I mean the fightpad i’m really like 100x better with that than this stick and it has a ton of buttons which aren’t small buttons.

My biggest problem with the fightsticks are the sticks themselves, there nothing like using a controller I think this Sanwa one is to sensitive or something.

But yeah, if I have everything I need on the Madcatz Fightpad, what does the Fightstick have over that controller?**

Easy, you’re just not used to it yet. Give it a while. You can’t just hop right in and expect to be godlike with it. You’re adjusting to a totally different control scheme. In the end, however, I feel it does give you far more precise control.

Oh… this little thing called… EVERYTHING.
I shelled out $150 for a MadCatz FightStick TE and have never looked back.
Of course, I didn’t take much adjusting to it having spent my fair share of time in an arcade.
But once I got used to the stick being on my lap and all, motions became native to me.

Sturdy buttons, square gate ensures less difficulty finding your diagonals on the fly while you adjust, turbos (I only use them for SHMUPS), and of all the sticks out there by major manufacturers it’s the easiest to mod.

That and the satisfying klak KLAK sound as I hit my focus attacks to ultras…

Most people here think they are worth it, yes.

So I should adjust my Sanwa stick from 8 way to 4 way?

If 8 way isn’t working for you, a 4 way is best.
Some would argue that octagonal gates are best but that, like all things, is purely a matter of preference.
I, however, find that the stock gate (square) in the FightStick TE is good for my main, which is Dee Jay. Most charge characters benefit from square gates.

You will suck even more in 4-Way.

Can’t Block Low.
Can’t Hadoken or Shoryuken or Tatsumaki.

All be able to do is Flash Kick and Sonic Boom.

Because did you know that 4-Way means only going LEFT, UP, RIGHT, DOWN?
No other directions.

its worth as much as you like it.

I wouldn’t expect to see improvement for a good while and you will definitely be worse for a while. Most people find that, in the long run, sticks improve their execution. It’s your choice if you wanna invest the time and money in faith of majority opinion, or if you want to be someone who sticks with a pad, which is fine.

I’ve been using a fightstick for about a month and honestly it took me about two weeks to get used to it. Now I can play with characters I didn’t dare play with using a fightpad. (ex. Charge Chracters)

My main went from Ryu to Balrog and now I’ve been expanding my character selection. I am most definitely better now with a stick than I was with just a fightpad.

I’ve been using a fightstick for about a month and honestly it took me about two weeks to get used to it. Now I can play with characters I didn’t dare play with using a fightpad. (ex. Charge Chracters)

My main went from Ryu to Balrog and now I’ve been expanding my character selection. I am most definitely better now with a stick than I was with just a fightpad.

It’s worth its weight in gold.

Get a stick and never look back.

You’ll thank me later.

Juri Han, the first thing that the stick made instantly easier for me… were ultras and teleports. On the PS3 pad I used the stick except for dashing, and its hard as can be for me to get an ultra out of it. I can do ultras on the joystick pretty reliably, I go down, df, down then swing it along the edge all the way up to uf. I still have difficulty doing quarter circle motions, its really hard.

I feel like one of the luckiest people alive, because Super was my first fighting game (i’m definitely not lucky about that), so when I decided to preorder, I also bought a TE, and rented SF4, so I started with a stick.
I completely bypassed the pad>stick transition, which I am really glad I decided to do. I was going to just start with pad and then if I liked it, buy a stick, I’m glad I bought a stick, because not only did I not have to get used to it, but paying 150 bucks for a game controller fueled me to play more and get better, I don’t think I would be where I am now without it.

No, it does not FORCE your stick to go in JUST those four directions…
It just means that you’ll have a square pattern if you move your joystick far in any direction. And you shouldn’t be riding the gate anyway…

that’s incorrect.

4-way =/= square gate. the shape of the gate has nothing to do with the number of directions that you can input into the game. a square or octagonal gate are both 8-way, unless you rotate the square gate 45 degrees (a feature of sanwa sticks) and can no longer mechanically activate two microswitches at once for a diagonal.

just got my stick like 2 weeks ago and im still sucking @ it right now but i love it. its like i got the whole arcade right in the palms of my hands but i could carry it around. sometimes i would imagine if i was making a beat when im doing a combo. i never been more into The Fight Game as i am now mainly becuz of the stick… and Abel.

Like, totally.

Stick is FTW. I’ve played on pad since forever and it’s waaay better. A stick gives you more control over everything, it’s more precise and accurate. The only problem is that the learning curve is pretty steep coming from pad.

:lol: