Is there a difference between these two?

I’m replacing both my stick and buttons on my SE with Sanwa parts. For the buttons, I’m using 6:
Sanwa OBSF-30, 30mm Pushbutton, Red
and 2:
Sanwa OBSF-30, 30mm Pushbutton, White

The problem is, for the stick, I was going to get the Sanwa JLF-TP-8YT-SK Joystick, which was recommended, but it JUST went out of stock. I couldn’t believe it. I was thinking about just going with the Sanwa JLF-TM-8T-SK Joystick before that goes out of stock, but I’m not sure what the difference is. Do I find the former somewhere else or just go with the latter?

By the way, I’m purchasing these parts from LizardLick. If there’s other reliable, low cost sites with these parts, please recommend them to me.

The only difference is that one comes with a wiring harness, an the PCB must be rotated. That is why JLF-TP-8YT-SK has a Y, because the PCB is rotated 90 degrees. You can rotate it yourself after you buy it.

And lizardlick is top notch. Great shipping and customer service.

Okay, that’s all good to know. I’ll be going with the Sanwa JLF-TM-8T-SK if there aren’t any differences other than manual rotation. Thanks a lot! :slight_smile:

Just to be clear, the Sanwa standard 35mm ball tops fit on top of it, right?

Read more careful Nerrage.
Fix your mistake before I have to help.

Wait. Stop. I read it wrong. Thank you James.

You cannot use JLF-TM.

You need JLF-TP.

Yes, 35mm balls work.

Here, now I will fix my mistake. I thought you were referring to this JLF that is still in stock: http://www.lizardlick.com/Sanwa-JLF-TP-8T-Joystick_p_259.html

That is missing the rotation, and it is also missing Shaft cover (Which is optional. I personally prefer without shaft cover), however, it has the five-pin connector, and by rotating it, it will work with the SE.

JLF-TM does not have the connector. That is the big difference.

Whew, that was close. I was literally about to checkout. xD Alright, change of plans. One last question: Would the Sanwa JLF-TP-8T Joystick be any different from the aforementioned JLF-TP? Any difference at all.

EDIT: Oh okay, I understand now. By the way, can’t I just keep the shaft cover that was originally on my SE and if so, would it make any difference?

Since jdm714 saved me (and you), he can explain differences:

Here is how to rotate. I am just using my JLF in my madcatz SE. It is already rotated properly, but I rotated it more!

Now, you need to push these black holding pins from the main body holding it in:

I do it two corners at a time:

Removed.

This is the TP-MA PCB.

You can pick it up.

Rotate.

Replace restrictor gate by pushing it over.

Finished.

Thank you so much for all the help, Nerrage and jdm714. I’m checking out right now. I can’t wait to receive my parts! xD