Is there a Dragon Ball Z thread? If not

Where was #18>#17 said? The Android chart says her power was suppressed in comparison to #17’s and the Daizenshuu also says she’s weaker.

So much hatred…

I’ll have to dig through when I can be bothered, I posted it waaaaaaaaay back.

He said he intended it to be that way in the Manga, but Akira says one thing and does another so bleh.

Getting a disagree for that. Really?

Vegeta is stronger but goku can wipe him out with kaioken. I like this balance

Thus making it beginning of DBZ, and everyone referring to Goku as the strongest.

Every flashback is Vegeta salty about the beam struggle, like he didn’t break both his legs.

Anyone play Dokkan battle?

I somewhat interpret that as Vegeta already being familiar with the new Ki while Goku was still trying to get up to speed. It would be major salt to go around if Vegeta had the same weight as Goku and still struggled with the training exercise even with a head start on him training.

But you also can’t be like OMG this is so eas for me, you suck balls Kakkarot! When Goku still is supposed to be the main guy.

To be totally fair, Vegeta implies lifting the weights weren’t simply a strength thing:

Goku said Vegeta was probably stronger than himself, so we know that they’re equal at the very least.

Japanese or Global version?

GBL. I need to be able to read lol

My GLB is a bit on standby, not much to do until the tournament on the 28th. I usually play both, but using jpn’s foresight to prep my glb account.

Vegeta has more intellect mind when it comes to fighting, however his arrogance almost always gets the better of him. If he wasn’t so arrogant he would probably more above goku (with plot armor of course).

I just started on the weekend. Missed Super Gogeta… But some guy on Reddit had an extra new account with him. So I’m using that as a springboard.
Had some other good SSR cards in it too.

Quite the contrary. Goku is the one being a genius when it comes to fighting. Not saying Vegeta is dumb but Goku is the one that notices weaknesses and stuff on opponents when no else does. He found King Piccolo’s Baikaharu or whatever weakness (leaves himself open when powering up), he took Raditz’s tail/applied Full Nelson on him, he realized Freezer’s 100% form disadvantage, he found Hirudegarn’s weakness (well Gohan also noticed), Golden Freezer’s weakness (again), Vegeta’s pattern (check when Whis tells both their weaknesses) and how to counter Hit’s technique. Even when knowing Hit freezes time or whatever, Vegeta himself said “it’s not as easy as it sounds”.

This is on top of how he is the one finding all the next levels (SSJ, SSJ2, SSJ3, SSJG, Kaioken+SSG, etc)

Is it true that DBS is going on hiatus after this arc, due to the fixing of its shitty animation for future arcs? I keep seeing it on websites but they provide no sources.

I don’t recall reading that anywhere. The main issue with the animation is derived from them having different artist’ on Super. They just need a one to consistently work on it. The good one.

My old acc was trash, so I decided to reroll on the SSj3 Goku banner from a while back and keep saving stones. Managed to get 14 SSRs on the Gogeta/Gotenks banner.

Current team:

The issue with Super is quite a bit deeper then that actually. Unlike DB or Z, it’s a completely original product, meaning they don’t have Toriyama’s storyboards as a basis to expand/adapt. Add in time constraints due to rushed production and the actual key animators don’t have enough time to compose fight scenes while doing corrections of other animators’ shots and you got a mess that until recently seemed flat out afraid of having fights.

Another problem most people don’t talk is the character designs. Look at these:

Tadayoshi Yamamuro (character designer from middle of Android arc until today), Minoru Maeda (Original character designer for the series since day 1 till he was replaced by Yamamuro) and Toriyama’s base.

Unlike Maeda, Yamamuro has tons of lines and stiff angles. The stiffer your drawing is, the less you can deform it to create actual motion. And when you strip the details down to make it doable on a normal schedule…

Shit happens.

Yamamuro’s art is harming DB, regardless of how “iconic” it is. The only time we get good motion in the series is when the animators completely ignore his style, like here:

You can say whatever you want about the art, that’s purely a time constraint, but it actually moves well and has strong sense of power behind it, even without the sound effects.

That’s crazy haha but at least I know someone that can answer questions for me! :tup: