Its Going Down In Jackson, Mississippi September 12, 2009

RED SEPTEMBER
http://img41.imageshack.us/i/red2g.jpg/
Date: September 12, 2009

Place: 6531 Dogwood View Pkwy
Jackson, MS 39213-7827

Phone: 601-951-4229
Email: 32bitdreams@gmail.com

This event is being held by 32 Bit Dreams Entertainment!!!

Hello my people, what’s really good. I am here to present the 1st major tournament being held within Mississippi and the on growing southeast tournaments. I and my good friends over at 32 Bit Dreams Entertainment want to help put our home state on the map. With Street Fighter 4, Blazblue, and KOFXII hitting up the scene within the past few months its surely going to help heat up things for this tourney along with some other great games.

Many times before I have gone to countless tournaments like Final Round, Texas Showdown, and EVO to try to compete on higher levels with people from across the globe and countless times I’ve had my @ss handed to me at those tourneys. Yet at the same time I really enjoyed the competition there cause it helped me developed into a better player all around. So why not try my luck out here in my home state, why not try to get people to come here to help support this state just as I’ve done there I said to myself. Well talking it over with guys here on the forum and a bunch of my friends over at 32 bit I decided to go on and try it out. The following games will be help here at the tourney.

1. Street Fighter 4(Ps3)
  2. Street Fighter 3 3rd strike(Ps2)
  3. Blazblue(Ps3)
  4. Super Turbo HD Remix(Ps3)
  5. KOF XII( Ps3)
    6.Capcom vs Snk2(Ps2)
  6. Tekken 5 : Dark Resurrection(Ps3)
  7. Marvel vs Capcom 2 (Dreamcast)

There will be an registration fee of $10 which will begin at 9:00 a.m. as well as an $10 game entry fee for each game that your part take in. Hopefully we will kick things off at no later than 11 a.m. cause we only have the building for one day people.

All GAMES are Double Elim.–Best 2 out of 3. All FINALS will be an Best 3 out of 5 Bout!!! I’m asking of YOU ALL to please, please behave yourself in an adult manner, I would hate for a person to mess up things or get kicked out of this tournament.:nono: So please I ask that you leave all the BULLSHIT AT HOME!!! Of course you all know that this will also be an B.Y.O.C.( if you don’t know what that is it means bring your own controllers people) for the games that you plan on playing on the home consoles. I ask that you make sure that your controllers/ arcade sticks are working perfectly so that you don’t have to run around asking of boring other people’s things. Everyone that has to reset their controllers will not be able to use the 3xkick or 3xpunch buttons during the tournament play. Winners must keep the same character(or team) and losers will have the chance to change their characters(or team).

If you are playing in multiple games you need to notify a organizer when you are about to play in another game, so they can skip your match on the brackets and come back to you after you completed the other tournament match.

Also once the tournament starts you are responsible for knowing when your next match will come up. If you have to go for a food (hopefully I’ll have some food there for everyone) or bathroom break, then “PLEASE” notify the judge at your station or “me” that you will be gone for a few minutes. The judge should be able to tell you when your next game will be and how long you have before your next match up. Act like you have been to a tournament before people and everything will run smoothly.

To whomever is going to bring a tv+system I WILL PAY for your badge! You can never have too many tv’s+systems at a console tournament! Make sure they aren’t TV’s with lag. You maybe use to playing on them, but if they have lag I can’t use them due to everyone will complain playing on them! We will test them out before we give you the badge. Also they must be at least a 19" tv with system and game to qualify for a badge. Let’s kick this new series off with a bang! I hope to see everyone there and make this a huge success. Lets do this!!!:rock:

I am asking to everyone that plans to attend this event to get there as early as you can so we can start the event on time. I have the building up until like 1a.m. the next morning but with the huge list of games we have it may not be enough or it may will. I think I’ll start the tourney off with 4 games instead of all 8 first to keep down conflict with people playing other games. That being said we will start off with Blazblue, KOF XII, Tekken, and CvS 2. Later on within the day say around 4 or 5 we can start on the other 4 games. I’m also thinking of maybe ordering alot of pizzas and having drinks, water, juice and other things of that nature there to keep people from leaving out so much to go eat. I just ask that we all chip in on the pizza cause its not CHEAP, I can handle the liquids on my own.

Will be there.

Mississippi power !!!

I’m definitely being there !

EDIT : You should edit the title and add Mississippi in between name and date of the tournament .

More EDITs : Me and my bro won’t be able to make it since my bro’s car broke down :sad:

To the OP, please put the city and state in the title like the other tournament thread so more people close by will want to click on the thread. :slight_smile:

This is great, another reason for me to travel out, and I’ll try my best to get the Louisiana scene into this.

edit: Just looked at the list of games, man do you have enough setups to handle all of that? If you get a decent size for even half of those games they’ll take waaay too long. More power to you if you can do it though. I’ll try to help out with systems and stuff.

If my money falls in the right spot that I need it to be at. I will probably head out there with KenmastersX and a few others. Anyone doing side tournaments? Money matches? Ps3 for everything but marvel >.>

It’s not their fault you fail at not using the system every other tournament in the US uses HAHAHAHAHAHA.

I as well as other people who are bring tv’s, systems, and games have enough for that day plus I have the building for the entire day so hopefully things will go well. I’m hoping that everyone that plan on attending it will show up early so we can get the registration part out the way and start no later than 11a.m.

I’m gonna start advertising in Hattiesburg ASAP. The TV I was gonna bring is smaller than 19" though, I think it’s only 17". Got PS3 and PS2 to bring for sure though.

What is the winning payout though? 1st 70%/2nd 20%/3rd 10%? Also, if there will be food, what kind of food will it be? Both of those answers would be useful information for a flyer.

If you guys need Avatars for SRK made throw me a PM. I also do Badge work and anything else Media related :smiley:

Sounds pretty cool. I’ll try to get Memphis to come.

Sorry if I missed it but is this in Jackson? I am trying to get an idea of how far this would be.

Yes Severin-X, seeing that your close to the ms and tn state line then it will be like an 2 1/2 hour drive for you to come down this way. Vicevirtuoso I have 4 tv’s ranging from 27 inches to 52 inches, may have another 27 inch if my friend still allows me to use his so hopefully things will be kool with that seeing that we will only run about 4 games at an time. As far as the prize $ goes yes it will be standard tournament rules on that which is 1st= 70% 2nd= 20% and 3rd=10%. As I said before on the food I am willing to provide beverages for everyone and also willing to chip in on buying a bunch of pizzas to keep people from leaving out. The nearest eating places are like an 10 minute drive away and that part of town is where everyone goes and do alot of shopping at so traffic stays packed in that area. “Elements”, I already in the works of getting the badges together along with flyers and doing a clip for the local tv stations to advertise for me but if you can do some flyers for your area to help out then that will be GREATLY appreciated. Spread the word people so this event can be a HUGE SUCCESS!!!

to bad I don’t have the right equipment for the ps3, however I may go who knows. It looks like a good 3 hour drive.

Hope you can make it out to help support the state JRockEclipse, don’t forget to spread the word to any of your friends that may wanna come out.

Ill be there, hopefully brining a friend from TX

I’ll be there…

Patrick (Vegita-x…a.K.a former MvC2 player)
New Orleans, La
SF4

Thanx RWK311 and vegita-x for wanting to come out to show support for the tourney, hope you guys can bring a few friends to help it be a success. Hey everyone don’t forget to spread the word about this tourney to friends and family. I’m gonna start to do some local advertising within the next couple of weeks so I can get alot of the people here surrounding jackson and other cities to come out as well. I know at least 20 or more that live here locally that will be attending, the more the better.

Great idea. I’m going to go ahead and plan to attend.

If needed I can bring a SHARP LC-32D62U AQUOS (it’s a 32" widescreen with a 6ms response), a PS3 w/ two controllers, and a copy of BlazBlue.

Yeah, he might want that because as of now I don’t know if anyone else was going to bring BlazBlue.

That would be much appreciated if you can DaRabidDuckie, hope you can bring some fam and friends with you as well.