I've got a couple of things I got to say

some shit has been bugging me lately when I hear other people talk about 3rd strike like if they actully know wtf they are talking about.

In particular I heard “you know why (insert some ‘famous’ akuma users names here) don’t post any videos on the web? because they aren’t stupid and they don’t exhibit any videos for people because they don’t want people to see their strategy and akuma’s mixups”

First off, I don’t really give a shit who does what or whatever the fuck anyone trys to prove that a character is like some sort of “secret” top tier character that only they and a few people know about, and frankly no one else does either.
If you want to say why something is top tier at least make sure its top tier according to whatever else is top tier, and not base bullshit off of the scrubs you play at the laundry mat while you wash your cum rags.

As much as alot of people make the arguement that “there isn’t a top tier” and “its all in the skill of the player” and SURE, that is true to an extent. Lets face some quick and easy facts here on why Yun, Ken, Chun, Urien, Dudley, Makoto, and Ryu (if at all barely made it on this list) are top tier and everyone else isn’t top tier.

I didn’t even like the idea of putting Ryu on there based on the fact that denjin only works in the corner at close range, and getting someone in the corner with Ryu is not even remotely as easy as Urien getting you in the corner. In short, Ryu is just like playing a shoto urien without a mid screen unblockable and c.mk is his best poke.

But when it comes right down to the nitty gritty of it. First and most important, if Ken does a c.mk xx SAIII on your character while crouching and it does about 40-50% of your life bar, its not top tier.
If your character relys on a wakeup move frequently OR its the only answer to some characters getting off you, its not top tier.
If your character doesn’t have more rewards then with minimal risks on MOST of their ground mixups, its not top tier.
If your character has 3 or more mixups (both ground and aerial) that leave gaping holes at the end that require you to attempt to spam something else for another risk/reward factor, its not top tier.
While we’re on it, we might as well say that if you buffer command moves in a mixup within give or take milliseconds on recovery 50% of the time and it does not have a payout, its not top tier.
Infact, if you even buffer a command from another command and it hasn’t hit yet (even if you didn’t use it or hit confirm and the option to do so was there and you thought about it or not), its not top tier.
The last 3 or 4 things I said probably makes you look retarded when you do it anyway, and thats enough. If YOU look retarded when you do it, its not top tier.

Anyway, I just needed to get that out there. Been pissing me off lately because people like to talk shit when all it really comes down to is playing the game the way it is. I don’t want to hear anybodies stupid theory about why so and so is top tier because of (insert shit here). You can tell me that when you could deal with a mid screen unblockable or genei jin or a dudley mixup. until then, STFU

[/end rant]

edited to help with the reading…I hope

You are not top tier.

Chun Li’s c.mk is top tier.

Making this thread was not top tier.

Where are the paragraphs? It makes me wanna cry. :sad:

oh please…

lol, you put Ryu up there with Makoto. LOL!!! :lol:

Isn’t Yang rated higher than Urien?

Yes, he neglected to mention how easy and safe Yang can do damage via ex-mantis slashes.

Btw, you just summed up your entire thread right there.

I see a block of text but I can’t make out the words.

My eyes hurt.

In short, Domo is just angry and ranting with no real good point other then saying that new players should stop saying something is top tier just because THEY can’t beat the tactic being used against them. I don’t agree with a lot of the things he rants about, but yeah. Who’s actually reading?

That was more than a couple :frowning:

" Chun Li’s c.mk is top tier."

-thats a normal. not a command and that is hit confirmable. even my grandma can see it.

" lol, you put Ryu up there with Makoto. LOL!!! "

-I know, I shouldn’t have for the reason I have stated to begin with. but I guess I did so the Ryu players wouldn’t start sending me comments like “wow u r stupid”. not that i give a shit, you just can’t get to these guys sometimes.

" Isn’t Yang rated higher than Urien?"

-No, are you kidding? Yang’s only mixup that doesn’t leave him incredibly open is ex mantis slashes and even that doesn’t make sense to me. Its like playing Yun without genei jin. and no, senei enbu does not do the same thing. They are somewhat similar but you get the damage reduction REALLY fast.
You obviously never seen a good Urien player.

“Yes, he neglected to mention how easy and safe Yang can do damage via ex-mantis slashes.”

-Not really. Considering that he takes a considerable ammount of damage on top of the fact that he doesn’t have genei jin and a shoulder xx super which is actully what makes Yun win. He definatly has a different mixup, but certainly not even close the the superiority of Yun

“In short, Domo is just angry and ranting with no real good point other then saying that new players should stop saying something is top tier just because THEY can’t beat the tactic being used against them. I don’t agree with a lot of the things he rants about, but yeah. Who’s actually reading?”

-I’m not sure, but I’m getting the vague feeling that you’re saying that I can’t beat “new players” when you put THEY in all caps. Well, thats just flat out darwinism!!! Anyway, no, uh, I think I was more in particularly getting tired of seeing Akuma “rushdown tactics” being highly looked upon. Seriously, some of those tactics are even worst then a Makoto player blatantly throwing out Hayates or f.fp at far meduim range.

you look upset.

+1

Hi Joey!

I still don’t understand the point of this thread…but at least he made paragraphs this time. Didn’t think it was possible. :tup:

You can’t say that Yang is garbage just because he isn’t Yun.

I did, and the sadder thing is that its true. HAHAHAHAHA!

Seriously tho, alot of his moves has enough recovery time to punish. Thats mainly why.

Watch as the trollus maximus baits out it’s prey.

I would agree with you that Urien is better but, alot of people will disagree with me on that.

Regardless of that Yang and Akuma are up there, higher or lower than Dudley/Urien depending on who you ask, and definately higher than Ryu.

Yang is fucking disgusting in the right hands.

To say Yang sucks for the reason you cited is misguided to say the least.