[Jan 7, 2012] Frosty Faustings IV (GGXX, SSFIVAE, UMvC3, BB, MK and more) (Northbrook, IL) Results

I will go ahead and make this thread for people to post shoutouts etc.

I hope everyone had a good time.

Much thanks to Elvenshadow for organizing this event and letting people like Murphagator, CurlyW, Astral, Medina, and more as well as myself to run different games and brackets.

I would also like to apologize to the couple people who accidentally got left out of the UMVC3 bracket. Sadly things like that can happen and I am really sorry.

Results will continue to be added to this post once I get them from the other tournament runners.

Guilty Gear Accent Core

1. Elvenshadow
  2. AKA

SSF42012
1/7/2012
128-man bracket

1 MCZ|MRN Wolfkrone
2 BPamoco
3 TFA|RZR Germanluger
4 Spriggan
5 Perfect Legend
5 Oger
7 TFA|RZR WeaponsLeft
7 TFA|RZR AaronS
9 TFA|RZR Holdy
9 MrBrotherTyler
9 TFA|RZR ChatdeThunder
9 TFA|RZR Deedogg
13 Freeoneup
13 Domingo
13 MrK
13 TFA|RZR OctopusonFire
17 Simon
17 Madwak
17 Jamarr
17 KONKRETE
17 American Cyclone
17 TFA|RZR Vanitys7
17 Panick
17 Reyart
25 Glty
25 Rocksteady
25 Teh Courage
25 Mike Hawk
25 Mean Saltine
25 Young Tatsu
25 Part2
25 Elvenshadow
33 (Logic Fighter) Rex0r
33 Steffany
33 Rising Dragon
33 Dubson
33 Cannon Spook
33 Merkkkkkkkd
33 MJB
33 GrantL
33 Jesus Martinez
33 @Kobashi1
33 Zachina Box
33 Ngamer3k
33 TFA|RZR SynKyller
33 Ladramadon
33 John Dew
33 XX_Von_XX
49 Bones
49 Misak
49 Alex Vega
49 Raida
49 TFA|RZR Kiu
49 Slayer0
49 Professor Lex
49 HNIC Mike
49 TFA|RZR Djinn
49 Joey D
49 Kenshiro
49 (Logic Fighter) Ramen
49 Danke
49 PsychoShot
49 Sym
49 Scroats Makoats
65 Floggy
65 Based Ken Player
65 EFO
65 Goodspeed
65 Jolef
65 Gaijinder
65 Callisto
65 KazamaGang
65 HOUSEFACE
65 Noski
65 Jayford
65 Curtis
65 Flash Deed It
65 Leon
65 Leeds

UMVC3 70 entrants

1. GNG Zeus
  2. OMG itz Andre
  3. Arisu
  4. HXC Plain Rell
  5. Frankie G
  6. Sanchaz
  7. Kerahime~<3
    7 (Logic Fighter) Rex0r
    9 Heroic Legacy
    9 Danke
    9 Simon
    9 WLA Juggernaught
    13 HXC Nightwing X
    13 Brightside
    13 King of the Bums
    13 Alyx McStrife
    17 Bob Washington
    17 Professor Lex
    17 Ronaldo
    17 Zan-Sam
    17 IFD Humbag
    17 NOP Meechy
    17 Rocksteady
    17 John Dew
    25 Andew M
    25 RET Kurasa
    25 RZR|TFA Vanity S7
    25 WLA ThaGuyver
    25 Silver Hydra
    25 DavidCue
    25 Cha-cha David
    25 Flash Deed It
    33 XX_Von_XX
    33 Sam Wes
    33 Servio V
    33 Double A
    33 Guilty
    33 Jayford
    33 Jamarr
    33 Elven Shadow
    33 HXC Bradskills
    33 Cannon Spook
    33 Mr Travis
    33 NOP Body Kidz
    33 the Branten
    33 HXC Sparta
    33 Kyle Perkins
    33 Malice
    49 Super Greek Figher
    49 Master Havik
    49 Hove
    49 Black Ken
    49 Agent Michael Scarn FBI
    49 Shoosta
    49 Havok
    49 Yoshi Stomper
    49 Mike H
    49 WBXtreme
    49 Zach in a Box
    49 Israel
    49 Jeremy
    49 Alann Z
    49 Joey D
    49 Tha Hall Hawk
    65 NGamer3k
    65 Lord Dro
    65 Sliver
    65 Yung Kratos
    65 Alex Vega
    65 Psycho Shot

I forgot the 3-4th place order but I think I got it right.

MK9 results
32 entrants

1: Perfect Legend
2: Slips
3: 16Bit
4: GGA Dizzy
5: GGA Medina
5: Soonk
7: IKIZZLE
7: AU Guccimane
9: Jody Tha Great
9: AU Wakaflaka
9: GGA Han
9: GGA Moe30W
13: GGA Waffles
13: GGA Fill pops
13: Tolkeen
13: Da Juice Man
17: Jim
17: Chaosphere
17: Semi Evil Ryu
17: GGA Jeremiah
17: AU-WANNA-DIE
17: MC Cutup
17: xx_Von_xx
17: Fear
25: PAC
25: Kevin Fair
25: MGK
25: Dubson
25: Israel
25: Delriach
25: Masterhavik
25: DJ Max

Ill finish when I get the rest.

SSF4 Tier List Thread REBOOT Super + AE (Updated: 02-01-09)
[Jan 7, 2012] Frosty Faustings IV (GGXX, SSFIVAE, UMvC3, BB, MK and more)... (Northbrook, IL)

Shoutouts to everyone who played skullgirls. Hope you guys had a good time, I know I did!

Shoutouts to everyone responsible for running the tournament, everything seemed really put-together and there was definitely a lot of hype!

ATTENTION!!

SOMEONE LEFT THEIR ARCADE STICK @ NICKEL CITY LAST NIGHT.

Not to worry, I have it. Amar, the owner, did not want it to remain on the property because he thought it wouldn’t be as secure as if we just kept it in the community. I have the stick and desperately want to get it to the owner. Please look through your stuff and tell everyone you know who brought an arcade stick.

The stick has 1 very noticable difference and was in a very specific bag. Please PM or call my cell with the details and I’ll make sure you get it back. I will not be discussing the details in public, so please PM me. Judging from what I saw, this was used by an active member of the community and I’m certain we’ll figure it out.

(847) 331-2101
Michael Hionis
XBL: SuperGreekFyter

Had a fantastic time, thanks Humbag/Medina/everyone else who helped organize and run it. I have somebody’s copy of SSF4(regular, not AE) that someone accidentally placed in my UMvC3 case, please contact me if you were missing one.

Nice meeting alot of you guys. I think the bracket ran fairly quick even with the tight setups.

MK9 results
32 entrants

1: Perfect Legend
2: Slips
3: 16Bit
4: GGA Dizzy
5: GGA Medina
5: Soonk
7: IKIZZLE
7: AU Guccimane
9: Jody Tha Great
9: AU Wakaflaka
9: GGA Hon
9: GGA Moe30W
13: GGA Waffles
13: GGA Fill pops
13: Tolkeen
13: Da Juice Man
17: Jim
17: Chaosphere
17: Semi Evil Ryu
17: GGA Jeremiah
17: AU-WANNA-DIE
17: MC Cutup
17: xx_Von_xx
17: Fear
25: PAC
25: Kevin Fair
25: MGK
25: Dubson
25: Israel
25: Delriach
25: Masterhavik
25: DJ Max

bb results

1. Leonil
  2. Arisu
  3. Shinsyn

ggs to chicago people. really wanted to enter melty too but i missed registration lol

I’m guessing Super Turbo wasn’t ran.

From memory:

SSFIV: AE12 Teams (13 entrants, Single Elimination)

1. We Will Win!!!: MCZ|MRN Wolfkrone (VI), Perfect Legend (SE), American Cyclone (ZA)
  2. Bone Rog & Spriggan: TFA|RZR German Luger (CL), (LogicFighter) Rex0r (BX), Spriggan (AD)
  3. The Best: Tactics (IB), GLB (RY), ReyArt (EF)
  4. Team No Fireball: PaNick (CL), MyBrotherTyler (MA), BP Amoco (ZA)

UMvC3 Teams (8 entrants, Single Elimination)

1. We’re Gonna Win: GNG Zeus (Ver/Dan/Wes), Kerahime~<3 (Zero/Ver/Doom), Brightside (Spi/Dorm/Wes)
  2. F*** APEX: (LogicFighter) Rex0r (Mag/Wol/Sen), Arisu (Zero/Ver/Dan), Danke (Spe/Nova/IM)

Thanks to everybody who attended. Thanks to everybody who brought or loaned equipment: Grant, Kevin Fair, Callisto, Danke, Kratos, Kenplayah, Konkrete, Domingo, TJL, Havik, GGA Jeremiah, Michael, Justin, Jerry, and a bunch of others I’m sure I didn’t mention. Thanks also to Michael for grabbing my stick after I forgot it (see above). Huge thanks to Medina (and Delriach!) for streaming, to Humbag, Murphagator, and Astral for running things with me and putting up with my overly controlling nature. (I’m working on that with my sponsor.) Thanks to Andre and Frankie for also being helpful. You did good, kids. You did real good.

Biggest of thanks to Amar and Nickel City for hosting the event–I have never been there before this weekend and it did not disappoint–and of course to Elven Shadow for putting on a fantastic show.

Haggar too godlike.
BP Amoco too gatlike.

http://thefightersalliance.com/my-thoughts-about-frosty-faustings-recap/

His take on playing Arthur’s Elf is pretty funny, that match was awesome to watch.

I could have done better at MK.

GGs to everybody in Guilty Gear

I was the guy playing Dizzy. I think I was the only person playing her, but if I’m wrong I was most likely the worst one

I’ll post the KOF results list once I get the paper out of my buddy’s car.

Desmond, nice to see you in person instead of in #SNKPlaymore. We in there! Hope you learn how to deal with EX moves and get familiar with baiting and punishing them. Once they’re put aside the game can feel identical to 98/02.

Greats, I’d like to see what you can do with Kensou if you can get a better feel for how to pressure with him. At the very least he has basic running and hop pressure on top of his more passive fireball traps and sweeps, he just lacks a long horizontal poke like his old st.B so you have to take that into account. I think Kunio/no.17 has been using him but the only video uploaded his him beasting a scrub, but hopefully we can get some KCEs or more foreign tournament footage coming.

Yo James, I’ll be sure to find a secret Zaneiken counter.

Anyone else interested in XIII should really look into the SRK Guide for info on learning the game. I’ve done some stuff on spacing but I’m planning to get in more and make some good videos and articles to help people learn how to move and apply pressure next. I’m gonna try helping out my friend’s website, LogicFighter.com but most of the info I write will somehow get incorporated into the wiki. SRK actually has information about KOF XIII and the message boards are active and viewed by myself, RogueYoshi, and others I trust that can help with problems. Worst case you can contact me directly on SRK if you have any issues, and I know that some pages/sections are empty right now but I could give you advice on anything missing right now.

P.S. I can’t wait to show you guys my EX Kyo.

P.P.S. A white man winning KOF, let’s go!!!

Ditto to all shoutouts to the tournament organizers/staff, the event went smooth overall! GGs to everyone I played in tourney and casuals, looking forward to Frosty Faustings V!

Lol, all my ElF matches are hype in one way or another! :slight_smile: GGs Dee Dogg!

good stuff sparkster, had a hard time dealing with your EX Iori. Made too many mistakes and felt like i played you a bit to cautious. hopefully i get to play you again in the future. Also once you post the results id like to copy them to dreamcancel as well.

shoutout the winners side top 8 all chicago players, We are in There! St louis took top spot, that was suppose to be one on us lol…

good shit to desmond, sparkster and the rest of the out-of-towners that came for KoF XIII!

Heres the rest of the Marvel Results

7 (Logic Fighter) Rex0r
9 Heroic Legacy
9 Danke
9 Simon
9 WLA Juggernaught
13 HXC Nightwing X
13 Brightside
13 King of the Bums
13 Alyx McStrife
17 Bob Washington
17 Professor Lex
17 Ronaldo
17 Zan-Sam
17 IFD Humbag
17 NOP Meechy
17 Rocksteady
17 John Dew
25 Andew M
25 RET Kurasa
25 RZR|TFA Vanity S7
25 WLA ThaGuyver
25 Silver Hydra
25 DavidCue
25 Cha-cha David
25 Flash Deed It
33 XX_Von_XX
33 Sam Wes
33 Servio V
33 Double A
33 Guilty
33 Jayford
33 Jamarr
33 Elven Shadow
33 HXC Bradskills
33 Cannon Spook
33 Mr Travis
33 NOP Body Kidz
33 the Branten
33 HXC Sparta
33 Kyle Perkins
33 Malice
49 Super Greek Figher
49 Master Havik
49 Hove
49 Black Ken
49 Agent Michael Scarn FBI
49 Shoosta
49 Havok
49 Yoshi Stomper
49 Mike H
49 WBXtreme
49 Zach in a Box
49 Israel
49 Jeremy
49 Alann Z
49 Joey D
49 Tha Hall Hawk
65 NGamer3k
65 Lord Dro
65 Sliver
65 Yung Kratos
65 Alex Vega
65 Psycho Shot
Thanks everyone for a great time, was nice to meet some KoF heads and get a better feel for the game. Hopefully next time I’ll get a better opportunity to get casuals in/talk strats.

Pipe.

All the love for the KoF out of towners.

And UMvC3 out of towners, but less so for that game.

Shoutouts to Professor Lex especially in Marvel for having a good conversation with me during our match. Not often I get to see classy folk. Most people just scream obscenities at the amazing thing that is Marvel.

Great tournament lots of fun. And a lot bigger than I expected it.

So how many entrants were there for GG?