January 21-22 - Texas Showdown Warmup Regional - Stargate Arcade, Houston,Tx

January 21-22

Stargate Arcade (Click Here for address and directions.)
Registration $5
Entry fee $10 per tournament(MvC2, CvS2, 3S, Reload, Tekken 5)
Entry fee $5 per tournament(ST, whatever else)

Schedule:

Saturday

2pm
Texas Street Fighter League(Yes, there should be at least 3-4 teams in attendance, and will hold matches)

6pm
Street Fighter III - 3rd Strike
Guilty Gear XX #r

8pm
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo
Tekken 5

Sunday
2pm
Marvel vs Capcom 2

3pm
Capcom vs SNK 2

All the same basic rules sets, banned glitches, characters, etc.

All games will be 2 out of 3 matches, grand finals 3 out of 5 games.

Prize splits:

1st 70%
2nd 20%
3rd 10%

Excellent…its official…good job Ranma etc getting stuff set up!!!

What about Tekken 5? Is there going to be a separate tournament going on for that like it happened this past summer with Trash Day I? If not I guess I’m going to be practicing Third Strike then.

I heard a rumor by the way that there isn’t going to be Tekken 5 at TX Showdown 6, I hope this is not true considering a huge crowd came out for that game alone. I would like to see either Tekken 5 or Tekken 5:DR played (if it’s out by then) at TX Showdown 6. What have you guys actually decided on that?

If theres demand for one, I’ll throw one on Sunday.

As for Showdown, we’re planning on Tekken 5 on PS2 for the event.

How far is it from Nashville to Houston Tex.?

Tekken people seem to have been holding regular weeklies up until now. I don’t see a reason why they wouldn’t show up for a regional if they knew about it. I understand there isn’t a real Tekken following on SRK, but it does seem to be one of the most popular fighting games at the moment.

Can anyone house me for this?

Ranma,Khang,Hem,Kevin, anybody

Outro

I’m gonna go. Housing for sat. night anyone? I’m not for sure if I need it right now, because I don’t know who from Austin is gonna go.

Im So There!

going?

maybe ill go to this, i live pretty close to stargate now. no practice though. marn will win reload anyway, f*ck eddie

TN? Dont know an accurate guess but i’ll say 15hrs, or you can just put an address from here in houston and one from tehre and yahoo maps should give you a guess to based on average mph, i tried it and it said about 13hr n 30min

Will the MvC2 be on the arcade or game system?

since its at The Gate, its most likely going to be in arcade because there are 4 cabinets of mvc2 there.

Good. I hope tthere will be more ppl there than just the ones that are talkin on here.

Yeah, there should. All peeps from h-town should be there and represent, i dont know about the austin peeps as how school starts during that week, even here. SHould’ve being january 14-15 but the date is set already and no one is complaing. Hope you do come :bgrin:

i’ll be there for sure. Might take off that day off if i have to. Been lookin for some kind of MvC2 tourney but didnt think ppl had’em anymore

Added Tekken 5

nice.

ranma: u going to post on tz? if not i can take care of it.

Do ppl reagularly go to the gate just to play…like in big crowds?

Its only open on fridays now, and since its one day a week, yeah people do show up!