Japan Thread: The population really is declining for SRK Japan

Man, sorry bro. I haven’t been on SRK in ages. All of my SRK buds moved over to facebook, so I haven’t really checked this thread since I’ve been here. I was just at A-cho yesterday. I live in Kyoto prefecture, but I’m pretty far from Kyoto city, so I don’t get to go all the time, but whenever I’m in town (had to get my driver’s license yesterday) I stop in on A-cho. Well, this is pretty much useless to you at this point, but just sorry, and yeah, I live in Japan too I guess. Actually moving to maybe Okayama at the end of the month though…

I guess I still probably won’t check here all the time. Twitter me at doragonkoroshi I guess if you want to talk?

anyone know if theres a scene in iwate close to morioka?

Hey everyone, we are meeting up at Mikado tonight for some 3s and GGXRD. We will also go down the street to play some TTT2.

Hello. I’ll be moving to Japan in about 6 months, and was wondering if anyone will be near Misawa AB. I’m looking for anywhere I can play AE and some people willing to teach me BB:CP. I play on XBL and PSN @ sakabato24. Hope to see and make new friends.

I had a couple of friends at Misawa that just got shipped out a few months back… not coming back anytime soon, but I will ask around the bases to see who games out there.

When you get on shore let me know and I will have some friends show you the ropes out there… if they are still there.

Man, I keep forgetting to check the forums here. I’ve been here at Yokota for a few months now, so I think I’m in the swing of things now. What’s going on? And are you guys down for meetups?

Sure thing man. Just let me know when you are in the city. I am at the arcades once or twice a week.

Weekends are a no go for me though… I got my kids on weekends. But Friday nights are the usual time for me.

Hey man, Misawa is hella far from the city, been out there a few times, really nice base. I will add you on PSN later tonight, or you can just add me first ;p

Yeah, I keep seeing the meetups, but I’ve been having weird hours at work that have been preventing me from going. I did take a trip to Taka to check out both the Big Box Taito Station and Mikado. Both of those places are actually pretty great!

Mikado is my hangout spot, so you should see me there on weekdays!

That’s where I used to live around 6 years ago. The arcade there closed down shortly after I moved away… Coincidence? Who knows if there is any kind of scene there now.

I haven’t checked this forum in a long time. Some of you might remember me… Maybe. I’m still in the Nagoya area myself. Next time I drop by Tokyo I’ll check out your events there IParryu.

I remember you! We got on 3s on PSN a few times. I haven’t been playing any SF for quite some time… been playing League of Legends more than anything.

But ya, when you do come out here, we have to hit up a few arcades.

Anyone get on that Ultra yet?

Haha, I only play off and on, but wanted to play more recently cuz of Ultra. We have a lot of places with Ultra here actually. I play LOL as well, along with other stuff like Wow and Hearthstone recently.

Ya, add me on LOL, IGN is IparryU.

Top: Rene
Mid: Kayle, Vel’Koz
Bot: Annie, Vayne
Jung: Shaco, Rene

Hi! I’m new to the SF scene.
Ordered SFIV AE (for PS3) from Amazon JP and am waiting for it to be delivered.
Have been a SC (Soul Calibur) playa for 10 yrs. but wanna try a 2D game. None of the other 3D games are for me.
As I only use Talim I can only play SCII HD Online now (Namco ain’t givin Talim any love) and thought it’d be nice to play a game where I can actually find someone online any time and can find it in the arcades (I love playin in the arcades).
I live in Chiba City and have been in Japan since '91. Am from Los Angeles and was born in 1967 (but my age stopped at 25, haha).
I’ll prac up on the game (think I’ll try Juri) and post up again.

Welcome Talim. I am going to get back into the SFIV scene since Ultra is in arcades now.

If you want to come out and drink/play, I help organize weekly meetups for the Tokyo gaming comunity.

add me on psn too!

I don’t drink but love gamin!

After I get some prac in I’ll be ready to hit you guys (& gals) up for some gamez (I’m a complete SFIV AE newbie now).

I’ll add ya!

No problem. I am the most… Experienced person in 3S, CvS2 and SF4…In fact, I’m the only one who seriously plays those games. Newcomers are always welcome.

Always good to watch other people as well so you can practice the things that are applicable.

I’ll let you know when I’m free, but it won’t be till sometime after GW.
I wanna get the basics down and then hit the arcade to see how bad my butt gets kicked, haha.

Ultra is also out and there has been some changes to all the characters FYI.