Jersey Shoreyuken 2 (SSF4 1v1, 3v3) $150 Pot/BBQ/Arcade/Raffle/Stream 7/24/10 -NJ

PROMOTIONAL VIDEO: YouTube - Jersey Shoreyuken 2 (SSF4 1v1 3v3 & Smash 1v1)

Hosted by Nerd Palace

Whats up everyone? np Video Gaming is proud to announce the sequel to the successful Jersey Shoreyuken! It seemed like everyone had a great time at the last tournament, so I decided to throw another one. This event will be on 7/24/10 with a BBQ going, Arcade Cabs available to play and of course, an HD Stream with commentary!

HD Stream Link - Nerd Palace on Justin.tv

-Changes from the first Jersey Shoreyuken to Jersey Shoreyuken 2:

*This event will not take place at my sister in laws house. Nerd Palace has moved to a store front in Northfield, NJ. This means there will be a bathroom, (no Porta Potty) not be HOT AS SHIT AND SMELL LIKE BALLS, and finally much much much more room because the store is much bigger.

*Due to the lack of Tekken players, the Tekken tournament will be replaced with a Super Smash Bros: Brawl Tournament. (I am new to the Smash community, so I might need help running this.) Tekken will be available to play on both the arcade machines and PS3, for those of you who want to get casuals in.

*This event is sponsored by NP Video Gaming! There will be $150 added to SSF4 singles pot, regardless of the turnout! EXTRA HYPE!

*On top of everything, there will also be a raffle for a custom arcade stick. This is a one of a kind, Akuma (Gouki) arcade stick built by Tagger609. It uses SANWA buttons and SANWA Joysticks. This raffle will only be available if there is 40 people signed up, so tell your friends!

PICS OF THE STICK

-Games available to play at the tournament:
*Super Street Fighter 4
*Super Smash Bros: Brawl & Melee
*Tatsuonoko vs. Capcom
*Tekken 6
*MAME Arcade Cab with over 8,000 Games
*More to be added. UMK3? KI? (If you want to bring your own game(s), you are more than welcome to.

DATE

Saturday, July 24th , 2010

533 Tilton Rd.
Northfield, NJ 08225
(Located in the Mainland Professional Plaza, directly behind Parke bank and opposite of Chido Burrito)
DIRECTIONS

SCHEDULE

Doors open at Noon
SSF4 3v3 - 2 PM
SMASH 1v1 - 4 PM
SSF4 1v1 - 6 PM

Schedule will be: SSF4 3v3, Smash, SSF4 Singles, in that order.

FEE and GAMES

(The $10 venue fee is required whether you play in the tournament or not.)

$10 Venue Fee - Play casual all day!
$15 Per Team SSF4 3v3 Team Battle
$10 Smash Singles
$10 SSF4 Singles

TOURNAMENTS

(More games are being discussed and will be announced at a later date. Please be vocal if you would like to see a tournament for your game.)

SUPER SMASH BROS: BRAWL 1v1 $10 Entry

General rules:

• 3 Stock

• 8 minute timer

• Items are set to “off” and “none”

• Ledge grab rule: There will be a 50 ledge grab rule in place. A player is not allowed to grab the ledge more than 50 times in one match. If and only if the match ends in a timeout and a player is over the limit, he forfeits the match.

• All sets with the exception of winner’s finals, loser’s finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any “finals” matches)

• In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

• No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

• In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

• If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

• Metaknight’s Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

• If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

• Stalling is banned.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):

1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match
  2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
  3. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
  4. Player announces one stage to be banned for counter picks of the set(This happens after the 2nd match as well)
  5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match’s stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
  6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
  7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
  8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
    *Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

APEX 2010 rule(will be applied here as well):If the the losing player chooses to cp random stage(it will be a random neutral) both player must stay their respective characters.

Addtional Team rules:

• Life Stealing is allowed
  • Set team attack to ON

STAGE LIST:

Starters
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island
Lylat Cruise

Counters
Castle Siege
Halberd
Pokémon Stadium 1
Brinstar
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise

All other stages are BANNED.

3v3 SSF4 TEAM BATTLE $15 per Team

• 3v3 Team Battle played on Xbox 360 and Arcade Machines
  • One character per team, players must stick with same character throughout tournament
  • Format is Pokemon format (ie. Team 1, 2, 3 vs. Team 4, 5, 6 ? 1 beats 4, 1 beats 5, 6 beats 1, 2 beats 6. Team 1, 2, 3 wins.)
  • Double Elimination
  • Matches are 2/3 rounds and 1 set at Default health and handicap
  • Winner Final, Loser Final and Grand Finals will be 2/3 sets
  • Losing team in finals may switch their order, winning team must keep same
  • Prize pot will be 80/20

SUPER STREET FIGHTER 4 1v1 $10 Entry

• Games to be played on Xbox 360
  • No characters banned
  • Winner keeps same character, loser can change
  • 2/3 Rounds
  • 2/3 Games
  • 99 Seconds
  • Double Elimination
  • Default Health and Handicap
  • Double Blind pick will be available if requested
    Loser Final, Winner Final and Grand final will be 2/3 rounds, 3/5 matches
    Prize pot 70/20/10

More information will be announced but for right now sign up on this thread or e-mail me at
npvideogaming@gmail.com

Lastly, I want this tournament to be laid back and a good time for everyone. The venue is very big and can pack a lot of people, so I hope to see a lot of the fighting game community here. I am also working on a mainstage for the important matches, similar to the mainstage seen at MLG events. Stay tuned for more info! :woot:

Thanks,

• DMG Slob Murph

Bump

PICS OF THE STICK TO BE RAFFLED

I’ll be there hopefully.

We will be there for this one as we did last year!

We in there slobmurph.

I need to play more vampire savior.

Thanks for the support brotha, it means alot!

Will probably make the trip down for this.

You know Console Warzone & Deluxe will be in the building again!

Deluxe is always in the building

Ill be there slob! Always be at the tournaments, always fun…

Ill be there this place is so sick!

is this K hunter?

just wanted to stop by and say that I like the event name. haha. and a BUMP for good event names!

Why thank you kind sir!

Damn, not even a thought of VST or HDR. =(

HDR will be there, and now im starting to think I should run another game instead of smash, since I dont know anything about the game. You think if I had HDR in there, it would bring some people?

It might bring some people…2 people.

Personally, all about the GG/BB. I could get atleast myself and 5 other people for either of those games.

Other than the random “why not try ST” players I doubt too much would enter.

I don’t really know any South Jersey players, other than myself , but I do know a few in North Jersey and Philly. I can ask them to see if they can make it but I doubt any of them will come down.

Also what console do you have HDR for? I remember you saying that you had it for PS3, but not 360. I’m just asking because I heard from some people that the PS3 version is extra crappy. I might be able to bring my hard drive for the day if needed.

When you went to WGN? was the BB tournament a pretty good showing? I completely forget and it was my tournament haha!

I have it for PS3, but if you can bring your HDD it would be awesome. You got to teach me how to play brotha.