JLF Without Wiring Harness

I plan on modding an old Hori Tekken 5 stick with Sanwa 30mm buttons and a JLF stick. The only thing is I don’t have the wiring harness that connects to the stick so I have to do things the old-fashioned way. I was wondering if anyone out there had any experience wiring a JLF without the harness and the degree of difficulty involved.

Very easy dude. 5 metal prongs stick out for where the harness needs to go. Just solder straight to these. If you can wire a pad you can solder to this thing.

-Tha Hindu

buy one? lol, maybe check this http://www.slagcoin.com/joystick/pcb_wiring.html not really the T5 PCB but it tells you what is needed to hack ans conect a PCB

Why don’t you just buy one, you can get one from lizardlick.com for $5.

Possible, but messy. If you want to reuse that stick later/change the pcb/do maintenance/sell it in the future, it would be advisable to get a harness. Once you solder, a harness won’t fit unless you clean off all the solder. You’d be better off buying a harness IMO.

You don’t need to buy a harness. Just solder wire straight to where you would attach the harness.

and maybe put a barrier strip in between the pcb and the 5 pins. That way you can remove the stick/pcb without desoldering if needed.

I don’t like to thread jack but I have been searching the tech talk forum this evening looking for information as to which wire on the Sanwa JLF-TP-8T is foro which direction and I cannot find it… could someone in the know point me in the right direct before I make a complete sod of it :slight_smile:

Cheers.

It depends on which way you mount the joystick. So if you mount it with the wire harness coming out by the down position of the stick the colour set up would be different then if you mount it so it was coming out by the “left” position.

@CoverlessTech

Thanks a million for that. Its exactly what I was looking for but failing to find.

Cheers.

Rather than start a new thread on the same subject, does anyone have any suggestions for an alternative? Getting a JLF-H right now is extremely difficult and it’s the only part I need. I don’t want to solder to my stick.

I was going to try rigging up a ghetto harness with quick disconnects (the pins fit pretty snug in one of the loops on the .110 QD) and electric tape, but if there’s something more sensible, I’ll take that route.

Soldering the wires and using a terminal strip like infoseeker mentioned sounds like a good idea to me, whats keeping you from trying that?

also if you’re concerned of wanting to use the harness sometime in the future, you can always solder to the 5 spots just above the 5 pins.

If you’re going to solder, I would solder the 5 points directly on the PCB instead of the pins