Joystick help, spark on usb connector

I searched the forums and found a related article but it’s really old and no one has responded so I decided to create a new thread.

I recently moved my ps3 from one room to another and when I plugged in my joystick into the ps3’s usb I saw a small spark. After the ps3 turned on the joystick didn’t seem to work. I unplugged everything, reconnected it etc. but it still didn’t seem to work.

I’m not an expert on these kinds of things but I’m wondering exactly what happened and what I can do to fix it. Is the usb connector fried or pretty much every single component? Personally, I’m thinking that if I do in fact need to replace anything, it’d be the usb connector and maybe the ps3 board. The stick and inputs should be fine right?

Is there any way I can find out if anything needs replacing by using a voltmeter or something like that?

The joystick is custom and build by a friend of a friend of mine but I can ask for details about parts or upload pics or videos if you guys need it.

I hope you guys can help me out cause I haven’t played sf4 since it broke months ago. I pre-ordered SSF4 and really want to be able to play it as soon as it comes out on my stick.

Have you tried testing the USB port with other peripherals? Or how about plugging the stick into the other port?

yea, I plugged it into both the USB ports ( I own a PS3 slim)
unfortunately, the only real other usb peripheral is probably my memory stick which I lent to someone I know temporarily

keyboard?

Thank you for the post.

Watch The Losers Online Free
Watch The Back-Up Plan Online Free

Thank you for the post.

Watch The Losers Online Free
Watch The Back-Up Plan Online Free

my keyboard has a typical AT connection unfortunately,

does no one have any idea how I can possibly even determine the problem or parts affected?