juggle numbers

urien

have you ever wondered why you can’t continue a combo like: low fierce (only second hit) -> ex headbutt (2hits) -> low fierce (only second hit)? if so, then you are in the right place. this thread is dedicated to answering that question.

crouching fierce
first hit: counts as 0 juggles if urien hits them from the ground, counts as 1 juggle if urien hits them from the air
second hit: 2 juggles
ex headbutt: 3 (1 juggle for the first hit, 2 for the second)
regular headbutt: 3
fireball (ex version included): 1 per hit if from air
chariot tackle (ex version included): 1 per hit if from air
aegis reflector (ex version included): 1 per hit if from air
temporal thunder: 1 per hit if from air
tyrant slaughter: 1 per hit if from air, last hit is knockdown

6 is the max number of juggles, but you can get an extra hit in with this combo:
(this is character-specific, and does not work on: yun, yang, alex, remy, hugo, probably more, gotta test is vs everyone)

low fierce -> ex headbutt -> fierce fireball -> fierce headbutt (6 hits but 9 juggles)

these combos go over six juggles, but do not count as exceptions because they do not link to continue at or after 6 juggles:

any tackles up to 6 juggles and then cancel the last one into a jab reflector to get another hit and juggle

any juggles up to 5 then doing a fireball XX reflector and continuing the combo since the super cancel negates the fireball recovery

low fierce -> ex tackle -> roundhouse tackle -> ex headbutt (7 hits, 8 juggles)

low fierce -> ex headbutt -> fierce headbutt (6 hits, 8 juggles)

rx combo: low fierce -> forward tackle -> forward tackle -> strong headbutt (5 hits, 7 juggles)

see if you can find a combo to stump the formula.

a question:
why can’t you assume ex headbutt having a two count? it’d make some of the stuffs more sense…and less exceptions…

because that is false.

the number of juggles is derived using basic algebra, not assumptions. here are math word problems that everyone loves:

the maximum number of juggles is six.

let 6 stand for the max.

six tackles in one combo while the opponent is in the air is the maximum number of juggles.

6t = 6

t = 1

therefore a tackle while the opponent is in the air is one juggle.

a two hit low fierce while the opponent is on the ground and four tackles while the opponent is in the air is the maximum number of juggles.

f + 4t = 6

t = 1

f + 4 = 6

f = 2

therefore a two hit low fierce while the opponent is on the ground is two juggles.

a two hit ex headbutt and three tackles while the opponent is in the air is the maximum number of juggles.

h + 3t = 6

t = 1

h + 3 = 6

h = 3

therefore a two hit ex headbutt is three juggles.

a two hit low fierce from the ground, a two hit ex headbutt, and tackle is the max number of juggles.

f + h + t = 6

f = 2

h = 3

t = 1

2 + 3 + 1 = 6

Brain hurting

3s is so deep…

:slight_smile: Nice,lol here is a funny juggle you can do on chun in the corner
cr.hp, hp fireball X4, mp fireball, lp fireball :lol:

I know that one, but I have better.

cr.hp, rk tackle, mk tackle, lk tackle, supercancel fierce aegis, rk tackle, mk tackle, lk tackle, supercancel fierce aegis, rk tackle, mk tackle, lk tackle, supercancel temporal thunder.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

whooops, the cr. fierce should not be there… it should be hp fireball… :stuck_out_tongue: :sweat:

This is all I need:c.hp, tackle. :o

No, all you need is love, John Lennon, smart man, shot in the back,very sad…:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You should be able to find the juggle counts for the non-ex headbutts with the help of and EX reflector.

yo yo yo, i finally got around to deciphering the regular headbutt count, and it is 3 juggles if you hit the opponent from ground or air. i updated the first post.

also i noticed that in the arcade version, if you launch your opponent from just a little bit off of the ground with urien’s low fierce, the first hit won’t count as a juggle, but they gotta be really close to the ground.

Could you test the division of juggles on the ex headbutt by parrying the first hit? Then just finish juggling and you’ll know how many that second hit counts for.

someone explain this one…
I do cr.frc , EX headbut , strong Fireball and the combo maxes at 5 hits and a follow-up Tackle wiffs

then…
I do cr.Frc , EX headbut , strong Fireball cancelled into Frc. Aegis and now if I do the tackle after super activation it hits instead of wiffs and the flying body falls through the Aegis

weird…I would say the super activation resets the juggle limit (ala oro’s reset counts off tengu Stone) but the flying body falls through the Aegis

I don’t know why it works but it does…

Ted

sundu: yes that’s an excellent idea, i’ll have to do that sometime.

liquited: did you read my post? a 2 hit low fierce from the ground -> ex headbutt -> strong fireball is 6 juggles, even though it’s 5 hits.

ok let me elaborate on juggles: if you hit your opponent with a move that creates a jugglable body, you will be able to hit them again at any time before they touch the ground, this is provided you have not reached six or more juggles. at six or more juggles you must him them in hitstun to continue the combo.
uhh that might be hard to understand so let me apply it to the above example:
low fierce -> ex headbutt -> strong fireball, this is six juggles even though it’s only five hits; that is why you can’t link a tackle after the fireball. if you want to combo off of the strong fireball you have to cancel it with a super. aegis for instance is good because it has much shorter recovery than the fireball, so you can continue the combo if you hit the opponent while they’re still in hitstun from the fireball. the opponent falls through the reflector for the same reason. that would be 6 hits, and 7 juggles.

some supers do reset the juggles, such as dudley 1 and oro ex 3, urien 3 does not.

if i ever get really bored i could figure out the juggle numbers for oro, gill, and even ken.

did I read your post ? lol

of course I did , thus I posted the little quirky combo I posted .
I just think it strange that the Aegis activation allows for an extra hit but does NOT allow anymore than the single hit then they fall through the aegis…nothing more nothing less…just thought it was strange

oh and it would be too good if Aegis reset the juggle count since it would most likely result in infinites

Ted

ok yo, no prob, thanks for reading my post. the point i was trying to get across was that moves that create jugglable bodies give you bonus hitstun that allows you to combo them at any time until they touch the ground. at six or more juggles you do not get this bonus and must hit them in hitstun in order to continue the combo. i think urien’s fireballs and tackles both have fierce hitstun, but i could be wrong on that. the opponent falls through the reflector because hitstun from the tackle has ended, and the bonus hitstun is absent due to the juggle limit being reached. some of this shit is hard to convey with just text, i understand. i would like to teach a class in third strike.

what’s up you hogs. i have dissected urien’s ex headbutt, the first hit is one juggle, the second is two. the first post has been updated with this info.

rock is my hero!!!