[Jul 1, 2011] SKILLIONAIRE FIGHTING << CVS2 X VSAV >> @Next Level Arcade (Brooklyn, NY)

Rithli, Zar The Biscuit & Next Level Arcade Presents:

CAPCOM vs SNK 2 **x **DARKSTALKERS 3: VAMPIRE SAVIOR in

$$$ S K I L L I O N A I R E F I G H T I N G $$$

====================================================================
Next Level Arcade
4013 8th Avenue (In-between 40th and 41st street)
Brooklyn, NY 11232
www.nycnextlevel.com

Venue Fee: $10 (suggested)
While NLA charges several different hourly rates, there is a flat rate of $10 for a full day’s admittance available. It’s probably in your best interest to consider this option as tournaments tend to run about 4-6hrs on average AND you’ll probably want to get warmed up before the event as well as request salty runbacks after the event is completed.

Day & Start Time: Friday, July 1st @7PM
Not 7:30PM, not 8 or 9PM either. Try showing up at least thirty minutes ahead of schedule because if you show after the time posted it’s very likely you WILL NOT be added to the brackets.

Regstration: 6pm - 7pm
Please sign-up AT THE DESK BY THE GLASS COUNTER which is conveniently located at the arcade entrance. Signs will be posted to further assist you.

Capcom vs. SNK 2 (PS2)

Entry Fee: $3

Grand Prize: Winner-take-all. Don’t spend it all in one place.

2nd, 3rd Place Prizes: You get to shake hands with a [S]ZILLIONAIRE[/S] - No, a SKILLIONAIRE! How many people can say they’ve done that?

Regulations & Stipulations

Game Settings
Default (Timer 999, Dmg 2, Speed 3)

Tournament Format
Bracket Assignment
[LIST]
[]ALL participants will be SEEDED RANDOMLY regardless of region. Points will be assigned to participants according to their tournament standing. Future SKILLIONAIRE FIGHTING events will have participants seeded in brackets based on total accumulated points (ala ranking battle).
[/LIST]
Double Elimination
[LIST]
[
]Winner of a set (2/3 matches) progresses, loser of the set pops some garlic tablets and moves to the losers bracket.
[/LIST]
[LIST]
[]Winners Finals, Losers Finals, Grand Finals: will all be 2-out-of-3 Matches (First to two wins).
[
]Winner of a match MUST KEEP THE SAME TEAM AND RATIO SETTINGS but is allowed to change character order before the start of the match.
[*]Loser has the option to select new team and adjust ratio of said team.
[/LIST]
In case you missed it: The entire CVS2 tourney will be 2/3 all the way through!

Side Selection
Coin Toss: Because we all know P2 side is godlike
[LIST]
[]Any player may request a coin toss for player side BEFORE STARTING THEIR FIRST MATCH.
[
]Winner of coin toss chooses player side and remains on that side for the entire set.
[]If there is a reset in GF’s then either player may request a coin toss to determine player side again (as this is an entirely new set).
[
]In addition to the winner of the coin toss having the option to choose which side they want to play on they must also CHOOSE THEIR TEAM AND DECIDE CHARACTER RATIO BEFORE THEIR OPPONENT.
[]Loser of the coin toss has the option of choosing the battle stage (lol).
[/LIST]
BANNED
Console Only Characters: Ecstasy Ryu, Cracked-out Iori, Ganja Rugal & Meth-fiend Akuma are all out to rehabilitation meets.
[LIST]
[
]Let’s keep the game as true to the arcade rendition as possible. To the Evil Ryu, Blood Iori, God Rugal, and Shin Akuma mains, sorry but this is a no-go.
[/LIST]
**Button Macros **
Disallowed
[LIST]
[]No Punch x3, Kick x3, LP+LK, MP+MK, HP+HK macros allowed.
[
]Taunt macro however is optional (Hold X+Start is dumb IMO. Yay console!). I don’t expect many people to really bitch about this…as the game is 10 yrs old. If you can’t hit 3 Buttons at the same time fairly consistent by now then you should probably consider another hobby.
[/LIST]
Oopsies!
Pausing & Resets
Should a pause occur mid-match, the player responsible for the paused game will not be penalized unless:
[LIST]
[]The pause happened during a damage exchange (e.g. a 2+ Hit Combo). In this instance if the player who is receiving damage has paused, they must forfeit that round (exception being hit-trade).
[
]Retaliation is imminent (e.g. recovering from from a missed HP Shoryuken). If the player who is being retaliated against (i.e. at an obvious disadvantage) has paused, they must forfeit that round.
[*]RESET: Should a reset occur (and it HAS happened in the past lol), the match will be replayed. Character order and the characters already defeated in the prior match must be replicated up until the point in which the reset had occurred.
[/LIST]
Your best bet is to DISABLE start and/or select if your controlling device allows so (i.e. break something or mod) OR use a stick with start/select placed apart from attack buttons OR be extra-super-duper careful. If you need to use TAUNT, then it is highly advised that you set a separate button aside for the macro (as this is the ONLY macro allowed for the CVS2 event)
…Gotta love console.

Vampire Savior (PS2 Via - Vampire: Darkstalkers Collection)

Grand Prize: Winner-take-all.

Game Settings
Default Damage (DMG 2)
Default Timer (99)
Speed Setting: TURBO 3, no selection
Dipswitch Setting: 1997/05/19ver
**In order to access the dipswitch settings: In the OPTION menu, hold R1+L1 before selecting GAME OPTION.

Tournament Format
Bracket Assignment as mentioned above:
[LIST]
[]ALL participants will be SEEDED RANDOMLY regardless of region. Points will be assigned to participants according to their tournament standing. Future SKILLIONAIRE FIGHTING events will have participants seeded in brackets based on total accumulated points (ala ranking battle).
[/LIST]
Double Elimination
[LIST]
[
]Winner of a set (2/3 matches) progresses.
[]Winners Finals, Losers Finals, Grand Finals: will all be 2-out-of-3 Matches (First to two wins).
[
]Winner of a match must keep the same character. Loser may switch.
[/LIST]
Side Selection
Selected by coin toss.

Banned and to Note
[LIST]
[]This is Vampire Savior (1). So the Hunter2/Savior2/Arranged mode characters will not be available. (This includes Dee, Donovan, Phobos, Pyron, Oboro Bishamon).
[
]Shadow Gallon is OK.
[]No Shadow (body snatcher), no Marionette.
[
]I recommend not using the stage IRON HORSE, IRON TERROR due to it actually being longer than all the other stages.
[/LIST]
**Button Macros **
Disallowed
[LIST]
[*]No Punch x3, Kick x3, LP+LK, MP+MK, HP+HK macros allowed.
[/LIST]
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Next Level Arcade, NYC

lol in :eek:

Cool beans, Snaaaake. :tup:

Will be updating ruling on “accidental” pausing/resets and adding VSAV tournament info ASAP. In the mean time, people start digging through your couches for that entry fee.

I’ll know by the beginning of next week if I can make it or not, if I do, I can bring a ps2, cvs2, and 2 ps2 sticks. O, I also have a dual ps2 to pc adapter so we could use the pc emu of VS if necessary.

Sup doooods. Using Zar’s template as a base replaced with Vsav rules.
On another note, I’ll bring my PS2 with a copy of the game.

Vampire Savior (PS2 Via - Vampire: Darkstalkers Collection)

Grand Prize: Winner-take-all.

Game Settings
Default Damage (DMG 2)
Default Timer (99)
Speed Setting: TURBO 3, no selection
Dipswitch Setting: 1997/05/19ver
**In order to access the dipswitch settings: In the OPTION menu, hold R1+L1 before selecting GAME OPTION.

Emulation
If it comes down to using an emu, we’ll only need worry about having the proper version (970519) and setting the speed via console menu.

Tournament Format
Bracket Assignment as mentioned above:
[LIST]
[]ALL participants will be SEEDED RANDOMLY regardless of region. Points will be assigned to participants according to their tournament standing. Future ZILLIONAIRE FIGHTING events will have participants seeded in brackets based on total accumulated points (ala ranking battle).
[/LIST]
Double Elimination
[LIST]
[
]Winner of a set (2/3 matches) progresses.
[
]Winner of a match must keep the same character. Loser may switch.
[/LIST]
Side Selection
Selected by coin toss.

Banned and to Note
[LIST]
[]This is Vampire Savior (1). So the Hunter2/Savior2/Arranged mode characters will not be available. (This includes Dee, Donovan, Phobos, Pyron, Oboro Bishamon).
[
]Shadow Gallon is OK.
[]No Shadow (body snatcher), no Marionette.
[
]I recommend not using the stage IRON HORSE, IRON TERROR due to it actually being longer than all the other stages.
[/LIST]
**Button Macros **
Disallowed (tentative)
[LIST]
[*]No Punch x3, Kick x3, LP+LK, MP+MK, HP+HK macros allowed.
[/LIST]

Opening post has now been updated with VSAV information!

Thanks, mang. Who’s “dee” though…and wtf, there’s a shadow gallon? knows squat about vsav lol

Dee is a headswap chara they added into the console versions later on. He is literally Donovan’s head on Demitri’s body. I’ll leave the rest up to your imagination. :slight_smile: capcomusesmugencapcomusesmugencapcomusesmugencapcomusesmugencapcomusesmugencapcomusesmugencapcomusesmugencapcomusesmugen

Shadow Gallon is a special palette swap of Gallon. Gameplay-wise, everything about him is the same as normal Gallon except that he has the Vhunter version of Dragon Cannon (projectile super) which has a different hitbox.

Im fucking IN!

100% chance i’ll be there for VS

Get Leddy!

GEDD LEDDY!

Man, the VSAV heads are going IN! lol

Ok so, went to NLA last Fri to confirm situation on tvs and we’re good to go! Cen has two crt’s aside and claims to have a 3rd. It’s likely this event wont have a crazy turnout so we could maybe get things done in a timely manner w/ what’s available (however, if anyone is willing to bring along another tv please don’t hesitate. more tv’s = faster and smoother run PLUS more cvs2/vsav setups for casuals. CASUALLLSSSS).

Also, we have a stream dealie in the works but don’t expect anything on TS level though lol. Four more daaaays! so hungry for games.

For those who don’t know, there are non ps2 set ups available for VS, let’s just say you can bring 360 sticks if you don’t have a ps2 stick.

Will this be streamed, and if so, what stream will it be on?

Glad VSav is getting more and more exposure; it needs all it can get.

Word the VS scene needs to be out there. Gdlk games need a gdlk scene.

Dammit, one of the down side in living in Albany… I need a car :frowning:

hey, at least you guys have plenty of…trees?

Ok, ppls if youre showing up to this and can spare 30secs, throw up an rsvp/confimation. We need to get them hype juices flowing!

I’m in!!

I need help on getting there by train, what do I take from where?

Also can anyone house myself and maybe a friend for the night?

From where are you coming from.