[Jul 10, 2011] Charlotte, NC, Rock'em Sock'em (Concord, NC)

What’s up everyone. 07/10/2011

Here it is, the info for the next Tourney, Rock’em Sock’em, Charlotte NC!

When: Sunday, July 10th

Venue:

Wingate Hotels
7841 Gateway Lane NW
Concord, NC 28027

Time:

Registration starts at 12pm. We will start at 2pm. Text me if you are running late so I can put you in the brackets and I will collect the money from you when you get there. We will also be running teams this time as we can stay late here.

Price:

Venue fee: TBD, because we got pushed to Sunday they are giving me a deal on the room so if we have enough people then it will be cheaper.

Majors: $10 ea.

Minors: $5 ea.

Systems:
I will be running the usual Dual System Tourney. It seems to have run good so far but remember that it is all up to you to make it run smooth.

XBOX 360 & PS3.

Games:

Majors:
MK9
MvC3
Super 4
Tekken 6

Minors: TBD, Minors will be held by sign up only. When you register for the majors there will be a sign up sheet for the minors. You will not pay for the minors until we know we are running them.
KOF
3rd Strike
Super Turbo
BlazBlue
Arcana Hearts

As usual I will need help with consoles, setups and games. If you bring a whole setup (monitor games and system) you get the whole venue comp. If you bring a system and game you get $5 off the venue fee. You need to post below if you are bringing something. Don’t just show up with a system or game to get comp’d. Please, post up and let me know who can help out.

IF YOU BRING A SYSTEM FOR US TO USE MAKE SURE THAT IT HAS ALL THE UPDATES ON IT BEFORE HAND. IF YOU DON’T PLAY A CERTAIN GAME LET ME KNOW.

Please post up and message me that you are bringing a setup so I can acknowledge you for helping out.

See you all there.

Links:

FaceBook Page:

Shoryuken Page:

North Carolina Thread LIX
North Carolina Thread LIX
North Carolina Thread LVIII

Is there any prize money for any of the tourneys???

Our first hotel ballroom tourney. Charlotte getting classy.

Yeah baby! This is the works for now on and we have full use of the venue. We can stay late and we have enough tables and chairs. Now that I am acclimated to the baby I can start moving forward with this.

Shiki, I can use your help as usual with the minors. If you want to run the pentathalon that is cool with me.

Also, I need help with systems. Can anyone help out?

Congrats on the baby, try to get some rest when you can.

I’ll prob be able to bring my PS3. If we can get a Japanese PS2 we can re-run the Pentathlon.

Oh nice venue! Ill be able to make it now, Ill just have to bounce at 6pm for a store meeting for a couple of hours. I can bring my PS3 and copies of MvC3 and SSF4 AE.

WHAT??? Shiki got a PS3? Hell yeah man. Congrats on that. That news is as good as me having a baby, lmao! That would be cool to bring your system. thanks.

Brian, you got off man, nice. I will run MvC3 first so you can get out of there. Thanks for making it. See you then.

@ T-ryuga, yeah man it’s all cash. It’s split 70/20/10 for all tourneys unless decided other wise by players.

I’d love to attend but I work on Sundays. Hopefully next time if it’s on a Saturday.

It will be. The hotel screwed me on this and scheduled someone else for the room. The next one will be in August and they will all be on a Sat for now on. Sorry about that but it was either do this or nothing.

Finally a day I can come out I’ll def be there cannot wait.

who is going in Charlotte? is possible I get a ride??

>You need to post below if you are bringing something

Well I got XBOX 360 with 21’’ LCD no lag monitor, and SSF4 AE all update are curren, if is in concord I can drive…

I forgot that I’m working Sunday night, so I really can’t stay past 4PM or so.
I pretty much have enough time to hopefully play Marvel and then leave, so I’ll have to postpone the Pentathlon for next time.

Thanks for making it out guys. Great to have all of you there. The next one is on the 20th of August. Results up soon. If you are not a member please join our group on Rockem Sockem. Lots of conversations there adn updates to events faster there.

Here’s the link…

http://www.facebook.com/groups/166718963377981?ap=1