[Jul 16, 2011] Iowa Monthly Series - MvC3, SSF4:AE, T6, MK9 (Hiawatha, IA)

This is the last monthly before EVO, so get hype kids!

Phone number to the shop: (319) 378-9663

WHAT: Tekken 6 Singles, SSF4:AE singles, MK9 singles, and MvC3 singles.

INFO ABOUT VENUE:

This is a small gaming shop. They only have a vending machine, but there is a Dairy Queen and a few gas stations only a couple blocks away, as well as a Wal-Mart and a bunch of eateries just a couple minutes away. On the plus side, it’s right off the interstate so super easy to find. The parking lot is kinda small but should be able to hold everyone. Just in case, there are other businesses and residential areas right around it that you can use.

TOURNAMENT INFO:

Tournaments start at 1 PM. I’ll be there about noon to set-up shop, so feel free to come a little early for casuals and whatnot.

T6: 3/5 rounds, 2/3 matches until finals, then it’ll switch to 3/5 matches.
SSF4:AE: 2/3 rounds, 2/3 matches until finals, then 3/5 matches.
MvC3: 2/3 matches until finals, then 3/5 matches.
Mortal Kombat: 2/3 rounds, 2/3 matches until finals, then 3/5 matches.

Finals are considered to be Losers Finals, Winners Finals, and Grand Finals. Double-elimination for all.

ENTRY FEE: EF will be $5 for MK9, T6 and Street Fighter at a 70/20/10 split. Marvel will be $10 and we’ll do a 60/15/10/5/5/5. Top placers are getting a little less, but this way we can pay to top 5, which I like better. Also, there is a venue fee of $2.

RULES: For the most part, I’m not a stickler on rules for these things, but please avoid doing glitches and whatnot. I wouldn’t want to have to uppercut people for being lametards. I did want to specifically address systems, though. PS3 is going to be the standard, but we will have some XBOXs there, so please bring both an XBOX/PS3 stick just incase. For pad players and those who don’t have XBOX stick, don’t worry, we’ll get you on a PS3. I would just like to take advantage of having XBOXs there. There more systems we can use, the more stations we can have.

MISC:
I’m digging SRK’s new event set-up; frees up some room for me in the post. :slight_smile: So, we had 31 folks out last time, so things just keep getting bigger. That’s quite a jump (+50% from our May monthly), so my apologies for not having quite as many set-ups this time around. I promise more for this one, so things will go a little smoother. I also waited a little bit last time for people to show up, so we didn’t start the tourny quite as early as I had wanted. Again, that will change. I’ll start doing sign-ups as soon as I get there/people start showing up, so that we can start as close to 1 as possible.

MOTHERFUCKIN IOWA, LETS GET HYPE, SON!

Iowa: Maize of Defeat
Iowa: Maize of Defeat

I now have a ps3 I can bring, but I don’t have copies of any of the games for it, if you need an extra setup that doesn’t have patches or DLC (or we can patch there somehow), I would be happy to bring it.

Also, why SSF4 instead of AE? Not that I’ll be joining it anyways.

In. And I’ll bring an Evo monitor.

im sure that he means AE

I can’t commit, but if I do CVS2 will for sure be there this time since I just bought a PS2 and I found CVS2 cheap at Gamestop.

Time to brush up on my low-tier. (I’d pick King three times if I could.)

Yeah, sorry, I meant AE. I always forget to fucking specify that shit. Stupid DLC update games.

@murph: Yeah, if you could bring that PS3, that’d be sweet. We have plenty of TVs, so we’ll find something to use it for. If you have old school a/v cords instead of hdmi, that’d be sweet. Otherwise, I may be able to find one somewhere.

@mike: Do you have a system for the monitor? If not, I’ll prolly just pair murph’s ps3 with your monitor and they can sex it up together. :slight_smile:

Yea I have both composite and component available, so no problems there. I will emphasize again that all games will be unpatched, so if you put me there on MvC3 I will laugh my ass off.

lol, don’t worry, I’ll keep that in mind. We’d probably use it for Tekken or something, since that’s quick and easy.

I’d like to play my match on Murph’s PS3 please.

Unpatched trolling. I likes.

Thinking about showing up to this, I’ll see if I can get off work.

We’d be glad to have ya. :slight_smile:

Hmm, boss already put me on that date. I’ll see if I can switch with someone.

Fair warning: Gonna be crowded that day. Magic 2012 comes out that weekend, so I imagine Battlezone will have a release tourney.

Speaking of which, that makes me unsure if I’ll be able to get off work. :frowning:

That’s weird, he told me they were having a release tourny on the 9th. I hope he didn’t mess up his dates.

checks Facebook page There’s a pre-release tourney on the 9th and 10th. Release on the 16th at 11:00 a.m., and they’ll be doing booster drafts all day.

Just talked to our buddy Steve who helps run the shop. He said the big sealed tourny is the prerelease on the 9th and they’ll be doing the drafts the 16th. He said turnout is never huge on the release day, so we shouldn’t have to worry about any more people than we normally do.

That’s kind of the way it is at our local comic shop as well. That said, the core sets (Magic 2012 is one) usually have stupidly expensive new cards and I can definitely see it blowing up. Here’s hoping it’s not TOO bad.

Shouldn’t be too big of a deal. I’ll mash skulls if I have to.