[Jul 20, 2011] Midwest Midweek Midtournament @ Galloping Ghost Arcade (Brookfield, IL)

Presenting the inaugural
Midwest Midweek Midtournament

July 20th, 2011
Galloping Ghost Arcade
9415 Ogden Avenue
Brookfield, IL 60513
(708) 485-4700
www.gallopingghostarcade.com

This is the first of hopefully many Chicagoland Wednesday night battles to be held at Galloping Ghost Arcade, this one scheduled for a week and a half prior to Evo.

The Details (Newly updated as of July 14th)
The Tournaments: Three will be held, in Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition, Marvel vs. Capcom 3, and Mortal Kombat 9.

The Systems: SSF4:AE and MvC3 will be held on [S]XBox 360[/S] both systems, MK9 on PS3. We will attempt to play most of the matches on XBox, but if you only have a PS3 stick/pad, an exception should be able to be made for you. If you have to play a match on a system that you do not have a controller for, there will be enough other people there who will let you borrow one for that system. There will NOT be separate PS3 and Xbox pools.

The Setups: If you have a system, game disc, monitor, or cables and you can bring them to the event, please do. We want to make sure we have enough setups, and there should be some room for casuals as well.

The Price: Entry is $5 per tournament plus a $5 venue fee.

The Payout: All tournaments will be 70/20/10 for top 3 finishers, plus a bonus $5 (for 16-31 entrants) or $10 (for 32 or more entrants) each to all top 4 finishers.

The Rules: All tournaments are standard Evo rules (double-elimination, best 2 out of 3 format, with winner’s, loser’s, and grand finals best 3 out of 5, only loser may change characters, etc.).

Take Note: For Mortal Kombat 9, [S]Skarlett, Kenshi, and Rain will be allowed[/S]. Kratos and all DLC costumes and all DLC characters are banned.

The Late-comers: If you want to enter but cannot make it exactly on time, please notify me (Max) ahead of time so you can be entered into the bracket.

The Volunteers: I will need help collecting money and running some of the brackets, so if you’re interested in volunteering, please contact me (still Max). As an added incentive for volunteering, I will bring something tasty.

The Casuals: There should be ample time for casuals both before and after the official tournament

The Bring-your-own-controller: Bring your own controller.

New Tentative Schedule
3:30 pm - Venue doors open
6:30 pm - Sign-up starts for all tournaments
7:30 pm - Sign-up ends for SSF4 and MvC3
8:00 pm - SSF4 and MvC3 tournaments begin
8:30 pm - Sign-up ends for MK9
8:45 pm - MK9 tournament begins

The Stream
I should also mention that July 20th will be the first official “Wednesday Nights at the Galloping Ghost” LIVE STREAM. So the side tournament will be The Official Chicagoland Stream Commentator Auditions or The MidVoice.

The stream will be provided by Good Games Live and can be found at www.ggslive.com.
Recorded off-stream matches, mostly MK, will be provided by Medina and can be found at www.youtube.com/user/medina4life or here.

Questions?
Contact Max (Phone 301 404 0316, E-mail maxwasserman@gmail.com) or Domingo (Phone 630 433 6979).

Hope you all make it out there!

Milwaukee: Too grimey for the rest of WI
UIUC/Central IL 2016 Thread - IFD Land! Facebook group more active
CHICAGO 2016-2017 Thread: Welcome New Players, check out the Facebook Group page as its more active!

I will definitely be there.

Will be there for sure. Any chance of kof xiii tournament? Be a shame not to have one with it being the only cab in the midwest

I cant even read the post cause I am using srk black skin. lol =P

But sadly wednesday is the worst day for me school wise. So happy now that it looks like Chicago is getting its own version of WNF

While I would love to hold a KOF tournament, we cannot hold any of this tournament’s games on any of GGA’s cabinets. GGA said they really only want to use their cabinets for the tournaments they run, so using anything in the main room is out. Everything will be held in the back room.

That said, if people want to get a side tournament going for KOF (or any other game) on someone’s laptop, that’s fine.

Hah, sorry don’t know how that happened. Should be fixed now.

That really sucks if you’re not able to make it. If you can’t, will other people from Champaign come?

Doubt it seeing that I am the only one with a car here.

Yeah, that’s what I was afraid of…

Any restrictions on controllers for this? Just thinking I may need to mod a PS3 pad to play on the Xbox for AE but I don’t wanna jump the gun here.

Will DLC characters be allowed for MK? I know Evo won’t allow them because they were released too close to the event itself. If you want to follow all the EVO rules Skarlett Kenshi and Rain should be banned.

Also, any DLC costumes have to be banned. NRS forgot to patch the costumes so you’d be playing better versions of that character if you picked it. (If the costume selected doesn’t say Costume1/2/3 you cannot use it)

I don’t quite understand your question. You can borrow a controller if yours will not work with the 360. GGA should have several 360 pads there. Do you only use PS3 pad to play? I guess I don’t see why such a mod is necessary, sorry.

I’m sending you a PM.

My bad. I probably should’ve been a bit more specific. I really only play with the Hori FC3 pad for the PS3. I’ve been on the fence about trying to get a modded one to work on the 360 but since Chicago might get a nice weekly tournament now, I think I should go for it unless it’s not allowed for some reason. Even if it’s not, I’ll eventually show up to support the scene. It’s all good.

Okay then. I don’t see any real reason why something like that should be banned, so mod it for the 360 if you want and you can use it.

Definitely will be there of course!!! Pretty hype for this, sad some of the U of I guys cant make it but we should have a ridiculous turnout none the less.

Humbag you guys have school at this time of the year? Man feels like you been going to U of I forever.

Ill bring my kof setup as long as I can make it. I busted up my leg chopping down a tree branch yesterday lol

BIG MARCUS!

Also, I should mention that I’m going to need help running brackets, making callouts, and taking sign-ups at the tournament. Please let me know if you’re willing to volunteer your assistance. Volunteers will get doughnuts.

I will be there. Make sure to invIte mi in and wi peeps.

Wow…I can actually get there by bus.
Might actually come.

Can I get those answers, too?

Edit: Can I ask why MK is being run so late? I just noticed the 10p start time and might have to skip this tourney do to working Thursday mornings.

There is no reason why those characters should be banned at this tournament.